Monday, January 24, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It's January 24th and I'm just now at home feeling like I can get back to normal life. I guess that's pretty slow since Christmas Eve was one month ago today - dang time flies!! Ever since our trip to Puerto Rico in November, it's been non-stop madness for us. With one week in NY/Boston, 3 weeks with family for Christmas/New Years, and last week in Arizona we were living out of suitcases and porta-cribs more often than not. It was so much fun to be with our family and for Jackson to get to know his Grandparents and Aunts/Uncles better, but now it is just good to be home.

(He still just has his 2 cute little bottom teeth!)


Luckily we have such an easy-going little guy that he makes traveling a lot easier than one would expect with a crawling baby. He went on 11 flights in 3 months. And I must say, he's gotten pretty dang good at it. As soon as the plane takes off and gets up in the air, he falls asleep in my arms. Seriously, he never does this at home, but because of the loud constant noises of the engine and the motion, it rocks him to sleep. Which is lucky for us with the 4 hour flight! Since he normally naps for the first half of the flight, he is happy and well-rested for the second half, so we can normally keep him entertained. I think there was only one flight where he actually cried, so ya he's awesome.

(Oh and he loves getting into EVERYTHING now!)


One thing that wasn't so great was the nighttime sleeping situation. Jackson started sleeping through the night back when he was 4 months old and I thought I had it made. He really never had a bad night those first few months, but ever since then he's been getting into bad habits, waking up a couple times in the night while we're at home, and then several times while traveling. He's been worse the past couple months than he was the first 8 months of his life. It's just been so hard to get him back in a normal schedule when he's sleeping in the same hotel room or bedroom as me. "cry it out" is kinda hard when he's sleeping with several other people in the same area. But now that we're home I'm hoping he'll do better. Last night he just woke up once to eat, so hopefully we'll get back to normal soon!

Last week Tyler went to Northern California for his company's annual sales meeting and Jackson and I went back to Arizona to spend more time with my family. We actually did the same thing last year when Tyler had his meeting, except I went with my prego belly and had a baby shower - I'm glad I've upgraded to the real thing this year!

We went to the Scottsdale Railroad Park with Jackson on MLK Day which was a lot of fun - I went here when I was a little girl and even had my 3 year old birthday party here. It was fun to ride the train with little Jacksy this time. The trip was a little different because my whole family got the stomach flu for the last few days of our week. Jackson threw up for the first time in his life, but didn't show a single symptom otherwise. He was luckily happy and playful still while the rest of us were wiped out. My brother Steven and I got hit the worst, so he "got to" stay home from school last Tuesday. But I must say it would have been much worse if I was trying to take Jackson by myself with Tyler out of town.




The little guy is 10 months old TODAY and I can't believe how big he's getting. I'll take some pictures of the big guy when he wakes up from his nap and share some of his 10 month stats :-)

1 comment:

Ash said...

oh my goodness! he is sooooooooo cute! i love your posts. :) that park is also way cute