But in other news, it is getting dang hot here in Florida. Jackson tries to stay cool with his hat and shades! Normally temperatures in the summer stay in the low 90s (but with the humidity it feels well over 100). However this week the temperature is 96 and up every day. Getting pretty crazy, and it's too bad Jackson doesn't like swimming. He'll get in the pool and be happy for a couple minutes with me, but would much rather run around along the edges of the pool exploring which normally leads to getting into trouble. When Tyler gets in the pool with him he will stay in quite a bit longer, but it takes a lot of activity in there to keep him happy. (I'm telling you this kid loves his daddy, I've even heard him say "Daddy!" in his sleep.) But the kid is so busy all the time that sitting in a pool floaty or being in our arms does not give him the independence he so badly needs!
So needless to say, I've resulted in watching lots of Yo Gabba Gabba to pass the time. It's the only tv show that he will watch. The kid is obsessed with this show. It's hard for me to get a picture of Jackson, but when he's watching the show he's so focused that I can get some cute shots.
so serious when watching Brobee enjoy a party in his tummy...
During some of his more favorite songs on the show he'll stand up on the couch, clap and dance around!
Here he is pondering the lesson taught in an episode "don't bite your friends."
Most of the other times I try to take pictures he's too busy running around, opening doors (a new trick that leads to lots of trouble) and climbing up on chairs (also trouble and evidenced below)
So even though the baby version of Jackson was super easy, this toddler we have is quite the busy body and quite the challenge! He's still a super happy boy so that makes things pretty fun. Also he's been a very good consistent sleeper for the past couple months. He now sleeps through the night 90% of the time and takes lovely 3 hour afternoon naps :-). But with all that running around he does, he needs the sleep!
PS Today marks the 5 year anniversary of Tyler and my first date! This picture is taken a couple weeks after we started dating...so cute :-)
1 comment:
Hey I'm glad I found your blog! It's sad we are not in the same ward anymore. Anyway, I thought this post was cute and funny about Jackson!
Post a Comment