I'll back up a bit. This week started great with Halloween on Monday, but then it all ended rather suddenly as Tyler drove up to Jacksonville that night.
Tuesday was a good day. We went to the park and played in the glorious 75 degree weather that November brings here. Tyler got home later that night and we got caught up watching our favorite shows - Castle & The Sing Off (Go Vocal Point! but wow, I loved another group's Queen number this week)
Wednesday was not as good. I woke up feeling dizzy, not something I'm used to. And the feeling kept coming back during the day. Jackson took an afternoon nap that lasted less than an hour and thus was grouchy for the rest of the afternoon. Tyler went to a study group that night and didn't get home until after Jackson was in bed.
Thursday was great though. Tyler was home in the morning until 9:30 am so I was able to shower and get completely ready while he watched Jackson before he left, it makes such a difference in my mood for the day. We ran some errands and then at the library I took Jackson to the toddler singing time for the first time (18 months and older) and he did great. That afternoon he redeemed himself and took a 3 hour nap and I was able to get some cleaning done. That night I made homemade pizza for dinner - so yummy! And then since Tyler had already done all his studying, we went to Magic Kingdom for the night. The weather was great, the lines were non-existent, and Jackson had lots of fun. I think we hit 6 rides and a parade in less than 2 hours.
But maybe we kept him out a little too late, we left at 8:30 and he was falling asleep in the car and was home in bed at 8:45. He had acted fine all evening, but he was refusing to take a binky in the car and crib, which always means something is off...
I always jinx myself when I admit out loud that things are going well. The best/worst example was when Jackson was 4 months old he was already sleeping through the night. One night I was lying in bed talking to Tyler about how blessed we were to have such an amazing sleeper - that night he woke up a couple times in the night. He kept waking up at least once a night for months of teething afterward. This week I was commenting on how Jackson is such a healthy kid, he hadn't been sick since July and he doesn't get affected by new teething anymore. Then Thursday night into Friday morning happened and I was up for hours in the night with a feverish / croupy cough baby.
Tyler has school this weekend so I had plans to go to Sea World, the Mall, and other activities to keep busy while he's away. But sadly I haven't left the house for 2 days. I hate seeing a sick baby, listening to his cough in the night, and hearing his raspy voice. He's been laying on the couch and on my lap watching lots of nick jr and mickey mouse. Every now and then he gets bouts of energy and he'll throw a ball or play with choo choos, but then he gets tired all of a sudden and just collapses back on the couch.
This morning I was feeding him breakfast on the couch, just to make him more comfortable. Later this morning I gave him some pieces of bread in a bowl for a snack while I cleaned up the kitchen. He had a little more energy at that point and walked with his bowl over to his high chair and started to climb up. He's such a good boy and always tries to do what's right. He's so sweet and cuddly when he's sick and he really doesn't whine or cry hardly at all. He's a tough little guy and I love being here to help him feel better.
But back to the point, it's been an up and down week. But I feel like as a mom, most weeks are. There are often hard times but the tender moments with Jackson giving me kisses, playing hide and seek, and just being goofy together make it all worth it :-)
(here he is happily watching thomas the tank engine for the first time, we rented it at the library and i loved hearing him say choo choo with a big grin on his face for a change)
1 comment:
sick babies are so hard! Naomi has been the same way but instead of taking naps, she's given them up entirely. I've taken to rocking her to sleep, sneaking her into her crip, just for her to wake up 15 minutes later. :( It sounds like they have the same thing. A bad, croupy sounding cough. I blame nursery.
Post a Comment