Thursday, May 10, 2012

4 weeks

4 weeks old and the best day yet!


Sometimes life with 2 can be a little tricky, but today has been great. Abbie is 4 weeks old today and it's so crazy to think she'll be one month old on Saturday!

I want to remember this day and how well everything has been going today, because I know it won't always be this way! You know you're a mom when you determine how good a day has gone on your childrens' sleep, but seriously that's what I'm all about. Jackson has been sleeping 11 hours through the night for a long time, and hasn't had a bad night in months. (Knock on lots of wood right here) Abbie is obviously going to wake up in the nights but she hasn't been too bad ... but last night was the best yet! I fed her at 9 and then we put her to sleep in her crib around 10:30, she drank about 1 ounce of a bottle at that time. Then, she slept until 3:15! A new record for sure. Some nights it's been hard for me to get Abbie back to sleep after feeding her in the night. I'll think she's asleep and lay her back down in her crib, only to have her wake back up 5 minutes later. This is how it goes most nights at least once. Tyler is pretty good at getting her to sleep so that is when helpful dad comes in the picture late at night. But last night I didn't need him. She went right back to sleep and we didn't here from her again until 6:30. I could have fed her right then at 6:30 but I knew she could probably wait another hour to eat and I wanted her on a more normal schedule. So we had her come sleep in bed with me and she fell back asleep until after 7:30. Actually both kids woke up at the exact same time which was kind of nice! So way to go Abbie! She only woke up once in the night and was super easy.

We played at home all morning and both kids were great, after a couple hours Abbie fell asleep in her bouncer chair and then I moved her to her swing bc she normally does better in there. Jackson was a great boy playing in the backyard and with his toys and ate lunch. Abbie woke up at 11:30 for her lunch too.

Then when it was time for afternoon naps I headed upstairs with both kids. I laid Abbie on a blanket on the floor of her room while I put away laundry and Jackson played with toys. When I went back in to check on her she was sleeping. No binky, no swaddle, just sleeping. I wrapped her loosely in a blanket and put her in the crib and shut the door. And I didn't hear from her in 3 hours. This allowed me and Jackson to play together before his nap. He's been having a harder time going down for naps and some days will really fight it. But today he didn't fuss at all and wanted to read books and go in his crib. Both kids were so easy it was almost too good to be true!

The day finished with more of the same, happy easy kids. I even made dinner for the first time in a month, tried a new pasta recipe thanks to pinterest and made an alfredo sauce. I know that every day won't be so easy but this was just what I needed to prove that life doesn't have to be too crazy with two kids!
 

Tyler's mom took Jackson to church alone on Sunday, I was scared he might act up, but here he is paging through the hymn book!

Thank you grandma for Abbie's cute new dress!

Tyler loves his little girl.


And luckily, Jackson still loves his little sister.



No comments: