So since Halloween was on a Wednesday this year, I feel like the holiday lasted a long time! With the weekend before being "Halloween Weekend" we filled in lots of time for all things pumpkin. We had Tyler's parents with us the whole week and got to spend some time with them at downtown disney, animal kingdom, epcot, a pumpkin patch and our ward's Trunk or Treat.
.JPG) |
| Tyler & Jackson in heaven on the train at DTD |
.JPG) |
| Our Pumpkin |
 |
| "mama it's heavy!" |
 |
| "A pumpkin for Abbie and a pumpkin for Jackson" |
 |
| Tried so hard to get her to smile and not eat the hay! |
 |
| Mama and Beauty girl |
 |
| What's this? A family photo? Luckily we had grandma to snap the pic and grandpa to entertain the kids! |
This year Jackson was a pirate and Abbie, a ladybug! I thought about doing the kids in a coordinating costume theme but I went with color coordinating instead. Just kidding, I actually didn't even plan the colors to match - is that random?
But I decided on Abbie being a ladybug partly in honor of my first car, the red beetle aka ladybug and love for all things ladybugs. She has inherited a couple of my ladybug stuffed animals and her ladybug music box is probably one of her favorite toys to snuggle with. I digress, but anyways she was a ladybug and her costume was even kind of partly home made which is totally not my thing normally :)
And Jackson is very much obsessd with pirates right now, mostly thanks to Jake & The Neverland Pirates show. I thought about a few other ideas but I was a little concerned that he wouldn't want to dress up in anything. Luckily he ended up proving me wrong :) But he is pretty particular about hats, shoes, socks, jackets, long sleeves, itchy tags, etc etc and not a real dress-up type of kid, so that's what I was going off of. We went to party city and I thought I could get him excited about being a pirate by getting him a sword. And oh how he loved that sword, and of course picked the biggest one they sold. But I tried to have him try on the actual pirate costumes with the stiped pants and puffy shirts and he wouldn't even let me try it on him. So we decided to go with the one size fits all hat/vest/belt/hook/eyepatch set. A lot of accessories that hopefully he'd wear a couple of.
While he had his concerns at first he eventually let us put everything on him when he learned he'd get candy! He didn't love it at first but he wore it, and now he loves putting on his pirate costume at home just for fun.
.JPG) |
| The pirate arrives at trunk or treat |
.JPG) |
| I think they love the little ladybug :) |
 |
| Filling his pumpkin with Grandma! |
 |
| "This way Grandma!" |
 |
| The only family photo of the night |
No comments:
Post a Comment