I still can't believe I have a three-year-old. But I'm so glad he's getting older, learning new things and having so much fun enjoying life :) I guess I already blogged about my emotions and his milestones at the age of 3, but here is what happened for his birthday this year!
The big day fell on a Sunday this year, and we had his party the Thursday before the weekend. I would have loved to have a little party on Saturday the day before, but that was actually Tyler's last day of his MBA program (which reminds me to post about that and upcoming graduation events later) But yeah, Tyler was at school as he was last year on Jackson's 2 year old Saturday birthday. For his 1 and 2 year old parties we had bigger parties at our house with parents and families that knew Jackson well. These were great, but I'm thinking that moving forward, for older birthdays we'll do just kids. I was hosting joy school on Thursday and decided to turn the school day into a party day. So we had joy school at the normal time and then turned it into a party inviting a few more friends over afterward. AND we combined the party with Jackson's good friend Maelie Carter. She and Jackson share the same birthday and since they're in joy school together it made sense for Courtney and I to combine forces on the party. Honestly she ended up doing a lot more work than I did!
We decided on an ice cream theme since it's fun and gender neutral :)
 |
| The Invite |
 |
| The party in action |
 |
| Courtney made the ice cream cone cupcakes and rice krispy treat favors |
 |
| We had an ice cream bar outside |
 |
| Even Dad got to be there for the party! |
 |
| The kids after the party ended, minus Addie Brown who left early. |
 |
| Maelie, Sarah, Taylor B., David, Taylor G. and Jackson |
 |
| Thank goodness for David! His other close boyfriends all moved last year! |
 |
| The birthday kids! |
On his actual birthday, he woke up to a fun surprise at his door that is now going to show up sideways..
The boy was seriously spoiled by his Nana, Grammy & Mom, so we split the presents into two shifts. We opened some in the morning and some after his nap later in the day.
 |
| Proud to be THREE! |
 |
| He was excited to come down and see the table of presents! |
 |
| The first present he picked was Gordon the Tank Engine, he loves it! |
That morning he opened his new trucks (he still loves his fire truck, cop car and ambulance best), and activity books. Normally Jackson loves donuts, but he wasn't so sure about this one. I guess he doesn't like the Long Johns so much? Or maybe he likes them more of a dessert than a breakfast, either way he prefferd a banana, just like the past two years *and every other breakfast of his solid food eating life*
 |
| The only pic I got in his church outfit, I promise he looked cute and I did do his hair at one point. |
 |
| Just before the rain hit. |
Something we should remember is the crrrazy rain storm that hit on his birthday, right as we were driving home from church. When we left church it was sprinkling and when we pulled into our neighborhood a full on tornado-like thunder-storm hit. Trees fell down all over the neighborhood, constuction debris was flying all over the road and Jackson and I were in the middle of it all. Since we had three cars at the time, I had to park in the driveway which means Jackson and I got absolutely soaked on the 3 second run into the garage. It literally looked like I had jumped in a pool. That wet. Luckily Tyler was able to park in the garage with Abbie since she was asleep through the whole thing and didn't get wet. But yeah, there is proof in the above picture that my hair was straight and down but it didn't last that way too long.
Luckily Jackson took a great nap during the rain storm and when he woke up we continued the celebrations.
 |
| Playing with his earlier presents |
 |
| Getting ready for more presents |
 |
| Thanks aunt Paige for the cool Alligator Shirt! |
 |
| He got this awesome new bedding set from Grammy and he immediately jumped on top of it |
OH yeah and Abbie was there too, she always climbs up on this table when she wants attention, I guess she needed some that day :)
 |
| Playing with his new puzzles |
He got some great presents this year! Some cool puzzles, his bedroom set for his new big boy bed we'll set up in CT, play-dough pack, some cool clothes and awesome presents from his friends at the party too!
While he might not have loved the donut he did eat his cake. And I didn't mention earlier but he loved these party hats I got for his party! He wore it every day for a week.
And one of the best presents was this awesome cape! Now we have a super hero in our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment