After a summer of fun, we began a fall of structure and routine. For the first time since having kids, I've got to be out the door by 9 am most days! On M/W/F Jackson has preschool and this fall, he has soccer on Tuesdays. It's been going well so far and Abbie is a good sport getting lugged around all morning.
I looked into getting him on a soccer team this fall but there were no leagues nearby that had 3 year olds on teams. So I found this indoor rec center that offers a Little Kickers clinic and decided that would actually be the perfect option! He is learning the basics and having fun with friends and getting ready to be on a "real" team next fall when he's 4.
 |
| Looking way too handsome on his first day! |
 |
| The little "field" at the indoor rec center, only one other boy showed up first week. |
 |
| His favorite part - the soccer jersey! |
 |
| Next week a few more kids came, there are about 8 now. |
The next week we got to start preschool! Tyler and I went to a parents night on Wednesday and realized this is the beginning of 16 years of back to school, parent nights, and meet the teachers! Jackson is attending Pine Grove Nursery School in Avon, right across the street from the library. It seems like a great school, its been around for 50 years and has plenty of families who have been sending all their kids there who are very loyal to the school. I was very nervous about being able to find him a good preschool since registration had already passed when we moved here. I called around and visited a couple and felt that this was my best option. Jackson actually got the last spot in any of the preschool classes this school offers so I felt lucky he got in at all!
Anyways, I had been looking forward to the day he started all summer. Not because I was anxious to get rid of him on those days, but I knew he'd love it. He misses his friends and there aren't many kids is age in our neighborhood or ward so I'm glad he's able to go to school 3 mornings a week and interact with kids!
Thursday morning Jackson and I got to go together to meet his teacher, classmates and explore his classroom! He was so excited to finally go to school, the only negative was that he was dissapointed he didn't get to ride the school bus :( His class is small, and mostly girls! There are 6 girls and 3 boys, his teacher is Mrs. Espinoza or as he says "Ms. Penoza"
 |
| Ready to go to school! |
 |
| Meeting his new friends! |
 |
| Practicing walking to the playground |
The main event, however, was the first day of school on Friday, September 13. I've got to admit I'm not a huge fan of Friday the 13ths but luckily it turned out to be a great day! He was totally ready to go and didn't act nervous or scared at all!
 |
| He wouldn't sit still! |
 |
| Abbie made him sit a little better :) |
 |
| Such a big boy |
 |
| Outside the school |
 |
| He wanted to sit in the same red chair he sat in the previous day |
He did great on the first day of school. He looks a little nervous in the above picture because he was more interested in the car toys he had played with yesterday than sitting at that table and doing the craft with the other girls (the boys weren't there yet) So I asked his teacher if he was able to play with the cars and she said sure. So when I left he was smiling and happy and gave me a big hug and said goodbye without looking back. Abbie on the other hand cried when we walked out the door. Weeks later, she still cries most days! Whereas Jackson is most always excited to find his name tag, hang up his backpack and most importantly - check to see if he's the line leader :)
No comments:
Post a Comment