

Anyways, when I got home from Atlanta (which is only a 6 hour drive!) I was happy to put my suitcase AWAY and not leave it out on the floor of our bedroom.
Kali, a couple posts ago you told us you didn’t know anyone who travels/has as many adventures as us, and that we’re living life to the fullest. It hadn’t really all set in with us until we read that and talked about it. We obviously realized we were traveling and busy, but because we were so busy we didn’t think much about how unique these experiences really are. We truly have been blessed to see so much of this part of the country and experience these adventures together! We really have been taking advantage of this time and living to the fullest.
Neither of us has ever lived like this before – by “like this” I mean “out of a suitcase” or “from hotel room to hotel room.” Between school and jobs, we couldn’t afford to take more than a couple vacations a year. Luckily, living in Orlando, we’ve been able to work our traveling into Tyler’s work. It’s been great to take advantage of this time before we have kids to travel and see the country together. Add in trips for a brother’s wedding, another brother's high school graduation, and a family trip to Mexico along with our work trips – and you have our year in a nutshell thus far.
In 2008, I finished up my degree at BYU and began working full time in the stressful busy world of public accounting. The only trips we went on last year was one weekend in Vegas, 4 days at Huntington Beach and then AZ for the holidays. I think we went on more trips in the first 3 months of this year! I just looked at Tyler’s Facebook profile, at all the different “Mobile Photo Uploads” he’s posted from this year. There are 64 pictures, from January 14th to today. To name a few we had pictures in:
Provo – Alcatraz – Floor seats @ U/BYU Basketball – Meeting Dwight Howard – Tabernacle in SLC – Tampa – Baltimore – Lots of Golf Tournaments - Palm Beach – Talladega – Alabama – Mississippi River – Daytona – St. George – Miami – Disneyworld – Jacksonville – Mobile – Cancun – a town called Jennings, FL – Atlanta – and today, NASA
I really doubt we’ll ever have another 6 months like this again! In the coming years Tyler will be able to work more from home, but since he’s new he needs to get the face-time with the clients and sales reps so he can get to know them. I’ve been working for my CPA firm in Salt Lake remotely from Florida, so I’ve been able to tag along for all these trips. We're hoping to start a family soon, but until then I'm able to tag along pretty easily.
Kali, a couple posts ago you told us you didn’t know anyone who travels/has as many adventures as us, and that we’re living life to the fullest. It hadn’t really all set in with us until we read that and talked about it. We obviously realized we were traveling and busy, but because we were so busy we didn’t think much about how unique these experiences really are. We truly have been blessed to see so much of this part of the country and experience these adventures together! We really have been taking advantage of this time and living to the fullest.
Neither of us has ever lived like this before – by “like this” I mean “out of a suitcase” or “from hotel room to hotel room.” Between school and jobs, we couldn’t afford to take more than a couple vacations a year. Luckily, living in Orlando, we’ve been able to work our traveling into Tyler’s work. It’s been great to take advantage of this time before we have kids to travel and see the country together. Add in trips for a brother’s wedding, another brother's high school graduation, and a family trip to Mexico along with our work trips – and you have our year in a nutshell thus far.
In 2008, I finished up my degree at BYU and began working full time in the stressful busy world of public accounting. The only trips we went on last year was one weekend in Vegas, 4 days at Huntington Beach and then AZ for the holidays. I think we went on more trips in the first 3 months of this year! I just looked at Tyler’s Facebook profile, at all the different “Mobile Photo Uploads” he’s posted from this year. There are 64 pictures, from January 14th to today. To name a few we had pictures in:
Provo – Alcatraz – Floor seats @ U/BYU Basketball – Meeting Dwight Howard – Tabernacle in SLC – Tampa – Baltimore – Lots of Golf Tournaments - Palm Beach – Talladega – Alabama – Mississippi River – Daytona – St. George – Miami – Disneyworld – Jacksonville – Mobile – Cancun – a town called Jennings, FL – Atlanta – and today, NASA
I really doubt we’ll ever have another 6 months like this again! In the coming years Tyler will be able to work more from home, but since he’s new he needs to get the face-time with the clients and sales reps so he can get to know them. I’ve been working for my CPA firm in Salt Lake remotely from Florida, so I’ve been able to tag along for all these trips. We're hoping to start a family soon, but until then I'm able to tag along pretty easily.
So all in all, 2009 has been a very exciting year for us. But now most of the traveling is over and its time to actually settle down and become residents of Orlando!
PS I really hope I don’t look like the Seriously So Blessed Blog with all these posts about happy life and fun trips… I promise, we have bad days too! Also I’m not pregnant with twins or president of any wives’ clubs or going to the Spa and “Anthro” weekly ... well not for now anyways!
1 comment:
HAHAHA... ok, I'm laughing at your last paragraph. That blog is funny and yours is NOT like it so no worries. I'm so glad you guys are having so much fun together. You really have gotten to see so much. It sounds fun, but I'm sure sometimes you just want to rest and be home. Have a fun month relaxing!
Post a Comment