Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Week in Orlando

It might be hard to believe, but Tyler and I haven't left Orlando since my last entry! We didn't have any vacations or work trips to attend, so we actually spent a normal week here in town. Since we were around all week, we were able to go to Disney World again on Saturday. We've now gone to the 4 major parks (Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios) so we went back to Magic Kingdom (classic) in the morning and then went to one of the water parks, Blizzard Beach, in the afternoon. I had visited this park with my family when I was 16, so it was fun to visit it again with Tyler.

It's getting very HOT here now that summer has arrived, so the Water Park will be the perfect way to spend the sizzling afternoon hours.
This water park puts all the ones in Arizona and Utah to shame! Besides the wave pool and lazy river, it has 3 slides that are all over 10 stories high and tons of other really fun slides that you ride down in tubes or toboggans (pictured above). Since it has the theme of a transformed ski resort, the whole place is themed with snowmen, santa, wooden lodges, and even a ski lift to get you up to the highest slides.

We had a blast at the park and we highly recommend it to our friends and family who come and visit!

Other than our Disney day, we've been just hangin around in Windermere. Tyler is making visits and giving trainings around Orlando and he's also studying for a certification test he's taking, called LEED. (It relates to construction, and sustainable "Green" building.) He's still rockin the minivan and he's already put 11,000 miles on it in 4 months.

I'm setting up things around the house and looking for a new job. My job with my Salt Lake City company has come to an end, and so I'm now officially voluntarily unemployed. Even though I wasn't laid off, I feel like I can relate to the other thousands of people around the country! Job hunting right now is HARD! It's obviously not the best time to be looking for a job, and Orlando's economy is especially not doing too well either since its based primarily around travel and tourism. I've had a few interviews (mostly over the phone) but nothing has panned out quite yet. I'm only looking for accounting jobs, but either part time or full time... so wish me luck.

1 comment:

Ashley Madsen said...

That place looks like so much fun!!! Yeah, the job hunt is hard. Coby's been looking for months and months and it's rough. Good luck looking!