Sunday, August 2, 2009

One Down ... One to Go!

The wedding has come and gone! I'm so glad I was able to be in SLC for the big event. I sadly didn't take too many pictures at the wedding though... I think when I'm there with Ashley Swapp, knowing that she's taking amazing pictures right next to me, I just let her take them all. But ... I'll see them soon on her blog! Here are some of the dinner and reception though...




I was also able to spend an evening with the Jennings family down in American Fork at CAFE RIO! Vicki, Kristi & Reese, Nick & Jamie, Troy & I enjoyed the Utah Classic together.




And last but not least ... on Thursday night my sister Paige got engaged! She will be marrying Ben Lewis on December 30th in the Mesa, AZ Temple.

They have a unique story as they've been dating long distance for most of their relationship. Ben graduated from BYU and now is going to Cornell in Ithica, NY. They met last Christmas break in Mesa and then both went their separate ways in January for school. They got to know each other better over the phone that semester, Ben took a couple trips to Utah, and now have been together in Mesa most of the summer - and now are planning a wedding! Ben goes back to New York in the fall, and Paige will go to Utah for her last semester at BYU. So after they get married, Paige will be moving out to New York to live as Ben finishes his last few years in his doctorate program. Quite a big change in her life but we're all excited. They are really happy together and make a great couple.

And this wedding finishes off the Year of Weddings for me this year! ... Unless Ashley or Troy decide to get married in the next few months that is...

3 comments:

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

They will probably still finish off your year of weddings regardless of any other announcements - unless someone else shoots for the 31st. CONGRATS TO PAIGE!

jandbfillmore said...

LUCKY!! I wish I could've been at Carly's wedding with you to see it all. It looks like it turned out so lovely! You're such a great friend, always keeping up with everyone. Thanks Rach!

Ashley Madsen said...

Not sure how I missed this post, but that is SO EXCITING!!! They are super cute together. Tell her congrats.