**Still no update on previous post... yet**
However I do have another correction to make about something I recently blogged about. When mentioning that certain restaurants did not exist in Florida, I mentioned Bajio ... however we have learned that there ARE Bajios here!! There are actually FOUR on the west coast, the closest one being in Tampa. Tyler drove past one last week and couldn't believe his eyes. He even took a picture on his iPhone to show me the proof. Sadly he wasn't able to stop by, since he had a tight schedule that day, but we're hoping to stop by soon and just HOPE it tastes the same as the Jennings used to make! I haven't decided yet if I want the Chicken Green Chili Salad or the Pineapple Shrimp Salad ...
Since I learned I was wrong about Bajio, I've been doing some research (aka googling) and have been looking into some others of my favorite restaurants. While there is some good news, there's also quite a bit of bad news...
Paradise Bakery - definitely NONE, but there are 6 in Texas. So maybe it's coming east?? And when I went to their website, I noticed a small Panera Bread logo in the corner of the page... I'm not sure who owns who ... but I'm assuming they're related.
Costa Vida - none in Florida, but there is one in Maine! Seriously, how random is that?
Rubios - OK, I guess I'm really obsessed with Mexican food because it seems like all my favorite places are Mexican. But I grew really attached to their Fish Tacos in my last few months living in SLC because there was one right by my office and we went there at least once a week for lunch. Sadly...there are NONE in Florida.
Jamba - lately I've been craving a Jamba Breakfast smoothie, Chunky Strawberry (the one with the chunky peanut butter and the slices of banana on top) :-) but sadly there are NONE in the Orlando area!! The closest one is in Tampa, and then they're all over the Miami area. So sad...I got spoiled with Jamba in the Wilk and on late starts in Junior High, but no more. PS When I was on their website I saw that they now serve salads and wraps?? are they good?
Wendys - Yes of course Wendys are here, but the closest one is 15 minutes away, and not really on the way to anything... Goodbye late night JBC, Frosty, and 5 piece nugget runs...
Sonic - OK, there are only 5 Sonics in the Orlando area and the closest one to our house is 25 mins away. I've actually driven past it, it's in a nasty neighborhood so ... I will realllly have to be craving a banana cream pie shake in order to go over there!
OK and I'll wrap up with some positive news
Chipotle - Yes, they are here! There's one right by our house and we may or may not have been there at least 10 times already...
Five Guys - Yep, there's one right next to the Chipotle, sadly since we don't get the Jennings discount anymore ... we haven't been going as often as we used to - but at least it's there!
Gandolfos - I don't think I ever went there for lunch or dinner, but Tyler and I have some good memories getting Gandolfos breakfast sandwiches. It all started when we were dating, we went there on my 21st birthday and I really loved it. We had a tradition of getting them on General Conference before the Saturday Morning Session. We thought that tradition was over. Well, we just found out that they just opened ONE in Florida, and it's 10 minutes away! We haven't been yet, but maybe this Saturday we'll have to try it out for Breakfast.
OK ... now you can totally see that I need to get a life (or a job) since I just did an entire post about restaurants!
5 Home Security Options You Need In Place Today
2 years ago
4 comments:
you just need to try new restaurants...go crazy. Try em all. You're bound to find new favorites! :-) and yes it was a hobo. I have wanted one for so long! I love it!!!! good taste missy!
While I was pregnant I dreamed of my beloved flauta bajio salad. See I could only dream since I had moved to Alaska. Then I went on vacation to florida and YES! I had a moment similar to yours of pure pure delight. I had to stop of course... I was giddy with every bite.
Rachel, you need to create a separate blog for your restaurant reviews. Who knows? Maybe your dining journey will land you a book and movie deal.
Ha ha... Josh and I just ate at the Portland Maine Costa Vida a couple days ago. So random.
Post a Comment