Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to School ... Back to School

Tyler is at school today.

Even as I type that it does not seem real! I am so proud of him for not giving up and following through with his goal. He is starting his first day of an Executive MBA program at the University of Central Florida (UCF). This is something he's wanted as long as I've known him. The plan was always to get his Bachelor's Degree in Economics and then get an advanced degree. At one point we thought it would be law school, but he's always known that an MBA would be perfect for him and his career plans.

So today he is at orientation at the UCF's downtown Orlando campus and then he begins classes there in a couple weeks. He will be going to school every other weekend (Friday and Saturday) until he graduates in the Spring of 2013. It is a big commitment as he still will be working full time, the Elder's Quorom President in our Ward, and a dad and husband to Jackson and me when there's time!

We are so blessed that his company is paying for this degree 100%. We didn't realize quite how rare this occurs in his company (only 2 or 3 other people ever have done this type of program nationwide) and Tyler had to get approval from the CEO of not only his company but the whole North American Cooperation. They all see so much promise in Tyler, that they are willing to invest in him.

So this morning before he went to class I had to take some first day photos of him!







Jackson has no idea what his daddy is about to do ...


So excited!


But the most important picture is sitting in front of the couch of course!

He followed the example my family set years ago as we always have the same photo on the first day of school. If I was legit I would have one scanned in from me as a first grader, but sadly I don't. So these ones of Steven and Michael will have to give you the idea.

Ya I just realized his backpack was supposed to be sitting next to him and not on his back. dang I'll have to step up for next year.

3 comments:

Alise Jennings said...

Classic! Way to go Tyler!

Blaire Ostler said...

LOL:) made my day.

Jamie said...

Jamie and I just had a great laugh at this post... well done my good man. Remember, your game... is large. You love yourself... you're amazing. - Dan