Monday, August 8, 2011

Slacking

I just realized that I've been a pretty bad blogger this summer. Ever since our big California trip in June I haven't blogged much or even done much. Actually July probably wasn't one of my favorite months. I had a friend say, "it's been a rough month for you hasn't it!" Jackson was sick for the three weeks off and on. Between shots, Roseola, 5 new teeth, and many sleepless nights, 2 trips to the doctor, one drive to the hospital (didn't end up going in bc he finally fell asleep at 5 am) it wasn't the best time for the Jennings. Luckily he's better and has been such a great little boy lately :-)

Another issue we had in July was ants...in our house. I really hadn't had a problem with bugs since moving to Florida until this month. I have never seen a cockroach and have only gotten a few mosquito bites, not much different than living out west. But when we got back from Cali there were dead ants all over our bathroom and kitchen. We had to have a pest control company come destroy nests and spray our house 4 different times before they finally went away! I haven't seen any new ones for about 2 weeks now. And it's so nice to not have to vaccuum my bathroom several times a day getting rid of the nasty things.

Jackson and I didn't leave Orlando once during July, which is super rare for us - you'd think in the summer we'd have stuff going on but we have just been here braving out this crazy heat. For some reason this summer weather is bothering me a lot more than the past 2 years. It's just so dang humid this year and I really have no desire to leave the house some days. Jackson is getting a little bit better swimming and has shown more interest in playing in the water which has been good. But he's still much happier running around the backyard, the only problem is the poor kid sweats like a man and starts dripping after about 2 minutes!

But now it's one week into August and I need to try to enjoy this summer while it lasts! We did go to DisneyWorld a few times (only for a few hours at a time trying to avoid the heat!) multiple swimming trips, shopping excursions, saw the final harry potter (which i wanted to dedicate a blog post to entirely ... maybe some day), and good times with friends. At this point I hear Jackson waking up from his nap and I have no new pictures uploaded on my computer. So this will be a quick post but I'm going to plan on uploading and blogging about our fun week with Tyler's Mom and sister, Jamie coming to visit us after the buddy goes to bed tonight :-)

1 comment:

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

Harry Potter was AMAZING! I want to come visit you in Orlando!