Our actual anniversary was on February 16th and lucky us - Tyler was scheduled to be in Alabama that day. Now normally we play it more low-key for Valentines' because our anniversary is just two days later, but since we knew Ty would be gone that day, we went out that night (hence the previous post).
But that was just the beginning of the celebrations. Tyler felt bad that I'd be alone that day so he arranged with one of my friends that we would go get our nails done and go out to lunch at one of my favorite spots - Seasons 52. It was kind of a funny way to spend your anniversary, it's not super normal that you go have a girls day is it? But it was so nice of Tyler to arrange it all for me. Of course we were lame and didn't take pictures but I'm still enjoying my tangerine gel nails
and loved my lunch that day. Jackson had tons of fun at a friends' house!

Tyler got home the next day and we had a fun non-school weekend and we went to Sea World on Saturday.
The real festivities didn't begin until the next week, when Tyler's mom came to town and Tyler whisked me away on a fabulous vacation. After almost 2 years of life, the longest Jackson had been away from me was 24 hours when I was at Girls Camp and he was home with Tyler. Between nursing him for 13 months, not living close to family and the fact that I'm kind of obsessed with him, I haven't wanted to spend a night away from my baby! But Tyler talked me into taking this trip together and it turned out just great!
Jackson spent 3 fun days with Grandma and Tyler and I spent 3 amazing days at the Waldorf Astoria in Naples - on the southwest coast of Florida. The weather was perfect and it was such a beautiful resort in one of our favorite parts of Florida. There are definitely some perks to Ty staying in hotels so many nights, as he had earned 2 free nights at this hotel and we were upgraded to the ocean view suite on the 16th floor.
We spent most of our time at the beach - the gulf coast has amazing soft white sand & bright blue water, we love it so much more than the Atlantic Side. But we also enjoyed plenty of good food! We went out for fancy dinners both nights - first to Flemings and second to Bravo. Both amazing and both I wished I had eaten smaller lunches so I could have fit more food into my increasingly shrinking tummy. (By the end of the day there is just not much more room since I have a pineapple sized baby in there!) We went shopping, hung out at the pool, took naps and just enjoyed being "party of two" again.
We stopped at 5 Guys on our drive down - had been craving this forever and it tasted way too good.
Checking out the amazing pool when we first checked in
Down at the Beach
Layin on the beach and Tyler getting artsy with his new fav app - Instagram.
Sunset from our balcony.
First night out - Flemings!
Day 2 at the Beach & Pool
Went shopping and to Bravo that night - amazing wedges from Nordy's and maybe even more amazing Italian food!
Last morning at the beach - not wanting to say goodbye!
I remembered to take pictures of our room right before we left, it was honestly huge and we could have fit 6 more people in this place!
Driving away from the hotel with our complimentary virgin strawberry lemonade daiquiris
With less than 7 weeks left until baby sister arrives, it was perfect trip. Thank you so much to Grandma Jennings who stayed with Jackson and sent us pictures of him throughout the week so I knew he was happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment