Today I'm 35 weeks along, 5 weeks left! But since Jackson was over 9 pounds and a week early, we're pretty sure this little girl will be early as well. I have an ultrasound in a couple weeks to see how big she is and we'll plan on getting induced a bit before my due date if she hasn't come already.
Probably the last prego pic I'll dare to post on this blog - taken today @ 35 weeks.
But we really have been crossing lots of items of my lists. Maybe this is embarrassing but i don't have just one "to-do" list, I have a notebook with several pages of different lists that I'm trying to get done.
List one - Jackson's Birthday Present Ideas
He turns 2 in about 2 weeks and I want to make his birthday special! It's the last few weeks of him as an only child and I think it's appropriate to celebrate his birthday during this time. This kid has been my life for the past two years and that's about to change dramatically. He has to share me with a little girl who demands quite a bit of attention. So hopefully we can spoil him with presents and fun on his birthday so he remembers we love him... I'm thinking trains, cars, books, maybe a trike? basically all things he loves. we've got a new train set ordered and a couple other things but still need to do some shopping :)
List two - Jackson's Party Details
His birthday is on a Saturday so it would be perfect to have a bday party on that day ... except Tyler has school from 8-5. But we decided we're going to do a party that evening, invite some friends, serve dinner and we're going with a Fire Truck theme! I'm having fun getting things ready for that :)
List three - Things to get done around house
Basically this list has always existed and probably will for the rest of forever - but some things I really wanted to get done before this baby comes. The main things we've done have involved the nursery. We got rid of our twin bed, moved the lovesac downstairs and it is now empty and ready to be "baby-ified." We also installed a fan/light in there, painted it pink!, and cleaned out the closet under the stairs (aka got out all the old baby stuff) I feel like just yesterday we put away the swing, infant seat, bumbo, etc.. but now they are back out and ready for action!
List four - Things to buy for house
Another list that has existed since we moved in. But I really want to get a little more work in certain areas of the house that will be affected by baby girl... We finally bought a chair for our master bedroom, since her room is upstairs and our room is downstairs, she'll probably be sleeping with us for the first little while. Now I have a nice comfy chair for all those nighttime feedings. Still need to buy some more furniture for Jackson's room too - since baby sister will be stealing his dresser and changing table. I really want to get some stuff in our basically empty living room - I would love to have that done before she comes! Finally got drapes in our kitchen, but still need some for the living/dining.
Jackson helped us with some shopping :)
List five - Things to do for baby girl's arrival
You know the basics, register at the hospital, pack a bag for hospital, set up her nursery, get our double stroller, organize her closet .. etc etc. I'm due in just over a month and hopefully I can get it all done. Currently her nursery is pink but empty...
It is still crazy to me that I'm going to have 2 kids next month but we are SO excited to meet our little girl :)
1 comment:
Sounds crazy! But you look great... can't wait to be there soon :)
Post a Comment