I can hardly believe it, I'm caught up on the blog after 7 months :) Just 2 days before we fly to Arizona and Utah for the next month. AKA I'm about to get way behind again but it feels good to be a little more caught up than I have been!
With Thanksgiving so late and us flying to Arizona so early, we didn't have much time in Connecticut for Christmas festivities honestly. To name a few holiday events: We had a ward Christmas party, made a gingerbread house, had an elf named Frisbee come visit our house to keep an eye on the kids and set up some of our Christmas decor.
It's officially too cold to be outside so our kid outings have turned into strictly libraries. One day I switched it up and went to Petsmart with the kids, it's just down the street and they are in heaven there!
I also had a parent -teacher conference with Jackson's preschool teacher. It was great to meet with her and see the progress that he's making. He doesn't bring a ton of work home, just special projects sometimes and the occasional worksheet. But she had tons to show me, I'll get it at the end of the year in a binder to show his progress. With only 8 kids in the class she really does know each kid very well and understands and loves Jackson. I was proud to hear he is a very obedient student and will always try or work on whatever she asks him to do.
The biggest event actually happened today - the first snowfall! (can you believe I'm blogging about something that happened today) The kids woke up to just frost on the grass but it started snowing around 8:30 and so by 10:30 we were able to go outside and have fun in our winter wonderland! Both kids put on their snow outfits without a complaint - shocking especially for Abbie, and then had lots of fun outside. It was a blast and seriously no tears (once again shocking for Abbie) She was just in awe of it all :)
 |
| Jackson and Tyler went up to a BYU/Umass BBall game! |
 |
| Our gingerbread house, I did the icing and Jackson did the candy! |
 |
| Jackson and Abbie did some Christmas shopping for Tony the dog at Petsmart |
 |
| We've been enjoying our fireplace finally! |
 |
| They're still best buddies |
 |
| They love reading books with Daddy before bed |
 |
| Jackson's school picture! |
 |
| Abbie Mommy Date at Panera. You know she was loving the mac&cheese |
 |
| Got to Jackson's preschool Monday and it was empty, apparently avon schools were on 2 hour delay due to ice? |
 |
| He was devastated, 2 hour delay means no preschool. I felt so bad for him! |
 |
| Ready to head outside (minus the hats and mittens) |
 |
| "SNOW!" |
 |
| What happened to our grassy backyard? |
 |
| Notice Abbie's hand is always out, trying to catch snowflakes! |
 |
| J headed right out but A needed a little help from me to take the first step. |
It was a great couple weeks, now off to Arizona!
No comments:
Post a Comment