Tuesday, January 21, 2014

December in Arizona

We had a really fun time spending the holiday with our family out west! We flew to Arizona on December 12 and stayed for 2 weeks! I think this is the longest we've ever stayed there and it was especially appreciated due to the amazing weather. We enjoyed most days in the 70s which was a welcome break from our new Connecticut climate :)

Tyler had to do a bit of work those first work days in Arizona but we were able to enjoy his company most of the time :) Paige and William arrived the same day we did and Uncle Ben came a few days later.

Oh how I wish this picture below described our flight across the country. Not so much. We had a quick flight to Baltimore, a layover to get some lunch, and then a very long flight from Baltimore to Phoenix. This picture was taken on the quick flight. The long flight was in the afternoon when we assumed Abbie would take a nap. Once again, not so much. She was crazy and we were so grateful when we touched down in Phoenix!

One of Abbie's favorite games, Peekaboo Barn
One of the first things we discovered when we got to my family's home - Steven is now officially taller than me! My 14 year old brother (half of my age I'm just now realizing) sprouted a couple inches even since I saw him last this summer! Baby Steven will be passing up my dad and Michael pretty soon too we know!

Check out the background picture to see the change from 3 1/2 years ago.
The majority of the days in Arizona were spent playing with all the toys at Grammy's house. Between the toy room, Steven's room and the family room Jackson and Abbie had so much fun playing with all the old/new toys :) We also spent quite a bit of time in the backyard and went to several different parks.

This was Jackson's third year to the Sirrine's train house! And while his love affair with trains isn't quite as bold as it was a couple years ago, he still was mesmerized!



Also had our 4th trip to McCormick Train Park in Scottsdale! This was the first time Tyler came with us and we had a good time with Uncle Steven too :)



We seriously loved the time in the backyard this year!

Abbie & William spied an airplane

Abbie watching on as the baseball boys practice
Jackson fixing the car with his tools
Grandkids after church in their Christmas best :)
Abbie & Will with Grandad at the ward party
Abbie was much more friendly with the family this year. She let everyone hold her, especially Grammy & Grandad. I'm pretty sure she has a crush on Uncle Ste and gets an embarrassed smile every time she says his name :)

One day we took an outing to the Zoo! I'm pretty sure this was the first time I'd been since my 5th grade overnight field trip but it was fun to be back with my animal-loving children. The lowpoint of the trip was the fact that Abbie threw up all over herself right as we pulled in the parking lot. It was nasty. But luckily she was pretty much acting back to normal 30 minutes later or so.


I swear we saw some animals but I was holding Abbie most of the time so I wasn't so good at the snapping of photos. Jackson loved the jaguar best :)

 One of the highlights for me was when Abbie finally let me put her back in the stroller rather than making me carry her around. Jackson knew she was sick and had been worried about her. So as soon as she was sitting next to him again he put his arm around her and gave her a hug. His arm stayed around her for probably 10-15 minutes. Their bond is something so special and I'm so grateful for their sweet relationship.

Saw the temple lights and took the picture on the steps of our growing family!

No comments: