Her Favorites, interviewed with Jackson present so he helped her with a few answers I think...
Color- Purple and pink
Letter- A
Number- 2
Toy- Her Baby Doll
Game- Elmo Game (I'm assuming the Elmo's ABCs on Jackson's iPad)
Snack- Goldfish
Book- Noisy Nora (Current Library checkout, she picked it because of cousin Norah)
Day- Daddy Day aka Saturday
Shape- Circle
Song- ABC Song
Movie- Cinderella
Thing- Goldfish and Daddy
Animal- Hippo (purple baby hippos to be exact)
This girl is pure joy or pure drama. Luckily the pure joy times far outweigh the drama ones. But it has been fun to watch her little personality develop this year! She loves her family, the first thing she says when she wakes up is "I wanna see Jackson." She loves her Daddy so much and has him wrapped around her cute tiny finger. She is still pretty attached to me too, but she is getting a little bit better about not needing to be held all the time...
At her 2 year old check up she weighed in at 24 pounds, 9 ounces - 40th percentile. I am shocked it's not lower honestly - she weighs 5 pounds less than Jackson did at this age and just seems so little to me! She's 33 inches tall - 20th percentile, so maybe that's why she seems so little. But dont worry, her head size is still in the 95 %!
For her birthday, she received some dress up jewelery and shoes and a new favorite game is dressing up in them, putting on her fancy shoes and going to the "grocery store" which is just a lap around the kitchen. She then comes back and tells me everything she bought.
| After a grocery store trip |
| Thank goodness for green smoothies bc its her main source of veggies. |
| Our bathroom counter makeup assistant and a 19 week prego mom |
| It wasn't raining, but she insisted on holding her princess umbrella this day. |
She still is a great sleeper at night and naps and I'm hoping she continues on the over 2 hour nap train for another year like Jackson did!
This girl loves all things baby! Her baby dolls, baby doggie stuffed animal, baby animals and basically everything that's small she calls a baby. She'll eat most of her cracker then show me the little piece that's left, baby cracker! Whenever she sees something that she classifies as a baby that's by itself she'll say - "oh baby misses its mama, daddy and brother!" She also loves talking about and to the baby in mama's tummy. She calls her "baby in mama's tummy" or "baby sister" maybe we should decide on a name to keep things simpler. But either way I think she'll be a great big sister and hopefully not too jealous :-/
| kisses for baby from snow white and ariel |
Her relationship with her brother is one of the best things in her life and I am so grateful that she has Jackson as an older brother. Sure they fight here and there but most of the time they get along so well it's actually shocking. He normally leads the way and she'll go along with whatever. One of the sweetest games they play together is the preschool game. He is the daddy and she is the little girl that he takes to preschool. He helps her pick out something for show and tell to put in her backpack, then helps her get it on her back. Then they drive in a "car" and come to preschool (which is in the kitchen with me the teacher). He gives her a hug as he drops her off then goes to "work" while Abbie and I learn about ABCs. Then he'll come pick her up, say the sweetest things to her like, "I'm so proud of you Abbie", or "I'm so happy to see you again Abbie" and take her back "home." Once home he'll read her books and tuck her in for a nap on the couch. She'll go along with all of it and loves the attention from her brother. Sometimes they'll repeat the game time after time and I love it!
Jackson normally needs more attention from Tyler or me whereas Abbie can sit and play by herself and entertain herself much better. She does not sit down to watch tv or movies for more than 5 minutes, and when Jackson watches a show or movie she'll just play with the toys or books in the family room to be near him but doesn't really watch much. She'll watch short video clips on my phone for as long as I'd let her, though. She normally watches Sesame Street clips, escpially with Elmo, songs and letters.
She gives the best hugs ever and I am so lucky to be her mom! We are enjoying these last few months with Abbie as the baby of the family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment