Thursday, May 8, 2014

Easters



We had such a great Easter this year, our first in Connecticut and boy was it beautiful weather! This year we were able to really talk a lot about the meaning of Easter and we did this advent calendar from the Friend magazine the week before. The kids were excited to sing a song and read a scripture about Jesus' life every night after dinner. By the end of the week I'm pretty sure they knew we celebrated Easter because Jesus was resurrected and lives in heaven, and we can too! I was also able to teach sharing time on Easter in primary so for Jr. Primary I did the 12 egg idea floating around the internet, just adapted it a little bit. I was impressed with how much Jackson really understood about Easter compared to last year, how much he's grown up!

The day before Easter we had a brunch and egg hunt with several families from our ward. The Giffords hosted and their backyard was perfect for an egg hunt!

The little kids got to start hunting first

The Big Kids are Off!

Tyler helping Jackson
Love these cuties
Lining up his 12 eggs
Short sleeves and no jackets, thank you!
Kind of obsessed with this little girl
We came home around noon and did not want to go inside! It was so nice we took a blanket out in the backyard and just laid in the sun until nap time. The kids eventually went inside but would keep bringing us food from the play kitchen so Tyler and I could have a picnic. It was the first time we'd really just laid outside in the sun for months and it felt glorious!

When Abbie woke up we died Easter Eggs - and I made the mistake of putting the colored dye in flimsy plastic cups so Jackson spilled his first color and it got all over his pants and shirt. He then spent the rest of the activity naked, but insisted he wore an apron so he wouldn't spill again... Luckily it was still beautiful weather outside that it was ok to be naked ;)


putting stickers on all the eggs



Easter morning, the kids were excited to check out their Easter baskets and go on an Easter Egg hunt in the house! They were intrigued with the game of looking for eggs so the week before they'd been practicing with empty eggs that I'd hide around different rooms. So they were thrilled that on this, the main event, they had eggs with chocolates and jelly beans inside.



After they had found all their eggs!
Ready for church!
Just because I can't resist how tender they are...
We might have been a minute late for church, but I had to snap this pic!
During Sacrament Meeting the Primary kids sang "He Sent His Son" as a musical number. Jackson had been practicing all week in the car along to our primary hymn CD. Luckily he didn't get stage fright and was so excited to go up to the front for the performance. My little sunbeam stood in the front row and sang the song so well! Too bad I was also standing up there with the kids so I couldn't really watch him sing, but according to those in the audience he looked cute and was the only sunbeam singing. Tyler got to watch him and admitted he teared up watching his little buddy up there singing the song. After church we attempted to take some more pics in our front yard with Daddy, but they mostly just wanted to run around and play. I love the pic of Tyler and Abbie below though :)


For dinner we hosted the Giffords and Freys for dinner and then took a walk around the neighborhood before eating our bunny cupcakes for dessert. It was a great Sunday with the family and a nice kick-off to Spring :)

No comments: