Thursday, August 28, 2008

My normal August 25th

...August 25th... I have been looking forward to this day for so long - a normal day, a normal August 25th. Today would be the first day in over 2 MONTHS that Tyler and I would be able to carpool to work together, meet up for lunch, make dinner together, have a normal evening together, eat dinner together, have a regular fhe, etc etc..


Oh, and what's been happening since June that's made it impossible to live this regular lifestyle? Well....


* 16 days of Tyler getting home around 9:30 or 10 from the Parade of Homes in Bountiful


* 5 days of Rachel on an audit in Michigan


* 4 days of going to hang out with our newly returned missionary brother - Troy!!
* 5 days of a great vacation with my family in Huntington Beach

* 16 days of Tyler getting home around 9:30 from the Parade of Homes in SLC

* 5 days of Rachel on an audit (and going to Wendy Hansen's wedding) in Minnesota


It's been an awesome summer!!! It's just been really busy and kept us away from home more than it ever had before. I got home from the wedding on Friday, we helped Tyler's family move all day on Saturday - and at this point I'm looking forward to some calm, relaxed regular life stuff!


So I'll tell you, August 25th was great!! We carpooled to work, went to lunch at Olive Garden together, went to Costco and got stocked up on groceries, came home and made dinner together and had a night together with no interruptions, meetings, or appointments!

Then August 26th came around... Tyler recently decided to take the LSAT so now he's in a prep class three days a week for three hours. He's taking the test in 5 weeks.
This also means, we might be going to law school in the upcoming years, so we're looking into schools, trying to figure out where to move, and how to get through 3 more years of school.

Then August 27th came around and we find out that we have to be out of this house in a month!

What did I learn from all this? Well, there went my normal August 25th!! Life is full of surprises, but in order for me to be happy, I've just got to enjoy the time we have together - and REALLY enjoy the August 25ths that come around!

But hey, I'm married to Tyler Jennings, and I should know that life will never be normal again - but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Life is amazing, we have no idea where we'll be in five years, let alone five months, actually after getting kicked out of our house, we don't even know where we'll be in five weeks! But, Tyler and I are doing all of this together - we're living together, we're employed, we're healthy, we want to start a family soon and couldn't be happier! Life is a lot of fun,
and it will probably be another 2 months before I have another August 25th...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love that picture of the two of you at the beach. Was that taken recently?

Chase & Chelsea Corley said...

Hi Rachel! Chase was so excited when I told him you sent us a message! He said that you are such a cool girl! Your blog is adorable! It is so fun to see people's blogs and how their marriages are going :)

Janneke said...

So does "planning on a family soon" mean you're working on kids? :)