After reading Rachel's last post I guess I should comment/defend myself.. I am a person that is constantly getting introduced to new opportunities, decisions, and choices. Life with me is never the same two days in a row.. I personally enjoy it.
For others (Rachel) I know it's a little tough. Part of Rachel's personality is to crave stability and organization, and I think the last few months of me trying to determine what it is I'm going to do with my life has been tough.
With that being said, I think we are getting closer to having a "life's plan". Over the past few months (actually years) I have always seemed to remember everytime a new GA was called and he had been a lawyer. It always stuck out to me how many good men had chosen law as their profession, a little tingle always hit me when they would mention it. As my life has gone on those feeling have just magnified.
Our career plays a large role in determining the kind of person we turn out to be.. I personally have never dreamed about just having one career. My goals were and still are the following:
1. support my family so they don't want for the necessities
2. have time to make my childrens events
3. take them on vacations/ create memories
4. weekly date night with my wife
5. have time enough to fulfill church callings well
6. bless others lives with what I've been given
I know there are a lot of guys out there trying to figure things out right now amongst my friends, and I would just say that we have to keep first things first. If we can keep ourselves focused on our bigger priorities the hows will work themselves out.
I know I've been rambling, but i guess here is the point. I'm planning on attending law school Fall 09. Studying now and taking the LSAT in three weeks. Have some good "ins" at UofU and ASU. Not so sure about BYU becuase I don't really think I can handle going back to Ptown. Sometimes the spirit has a way of clearing a path. My partners at Imperium have gotten a grip of the company and are gonna do great in the future.. Google Imperium Smart Systems and you'll see what I mean.
On a personal note, Rach and I have been married for 19 months now, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord for her in my life! I am so grateful for my wife and the positive infulence and guidance she provides me! If there are any out there thinking about life decisions I'd love to hear your comments.
5 Home Security Options You Need In Place Today
2 years ago
1 comment:
great plans MINUS the fact that you would go to school out west! come on T, you know where your loyalties lie. East Coast for life.
p.s. Loved the last paragraph...you were always such a softy deep down inside. so sweet.
Post a Comment