Thursday, May 7, 2009

DisneyWeddingDisney

So we're back in Florida! And we did really do all those things I talked about in our last post .. plus more ..

We went to DisneyWorld's Magic Kingdom last week!


We only went for a few hours, but it was enough to get into the Disney spirit. I really think we're going to love living so close to Disney. We bought our annual local pass, so we can go to all the parks, waterparks, and a golf course whenever we want this year. It also includes lots of other discounts and free parking, so pretty much, we'll be at Disney every weekend haha. Also, for all you friends out there, we have hook-ups with people who work at Disney, so if you want to come visit, there's a good chance we'll be able to get you in for FREE!


Jasmine is my hero. I'd like to be her at DisneyWorld if I could pull of the outfit... Tyler went on Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Carribbean for the first time and we had a great time! The great thing about having the annual pass is that you don't feel rushed at the park! We just went on a few rides in Adventureland & FrontierLand, and then called it a day. The only bad side is ... there is no INDIANA JONES ride at DisneyWorld -- sad!




After we went to Disney, Tyler dropped me off at the airport and I headed to SLC. Tyler joined me a couple days later, then we went to Travis and Alise's wedding in St. George.



The wedding was great - nice weather, good company, and great times! Below are some of my pictures, I'm going to see the rest from http://ashleyswapp.blogpsot.com once she posts them later this month!

Coming out of the temple...


David Perry, the Jennings family's adopted son/videographer filmed an amazing video of the day. I'm pretty sure this dip was included. The video isn't online yet, but all three of the other married Jennings kids can be found here: http://davidperryfilms.squarespace.com/blog/2009/2/25/meet-the-jennings.html



The 6 Jennings kids, from youngest to oldest...







This little girl was the star of the show, Reese! Kristi and Phil's little girl is getting so big! Being the only grandchild, she had paparazzi around her all weekend!


The reception that night was at a golf course that overlooked St. George. It was really beautiful!





This year really is the year of Weddings for me and Tyler. We had Jamie's in January, now Travis' in May, I'm going to one of my best friends Jill Gillespie wedding in Mesa in 3 weeks, and we also learned of 2 additional weddings that we will most likely traveling for in the next few months...But I'll wait until the details are official to make a public announcement about those weddings!


Ty and I left Utah on Monday Morning, with a 3 hour layover in Phoenix. We used the time to hang out with my mom and sister, Paige. So we were able to be in Utah, Arizona and Florida all in one day!




(PS we went to Epcot Tuesday night just for a few hours -- we both finished up working around 5 and decided to head over) It really is crazy how close we live to Disney. We don't see or here any of the tourist traffic because we live on the opposite side of the park entrance. But luckily, we know about the empoyee entrance which is only about 5 minutes from our front door.












And did you know that there are manatees, sharks and dolphins at EPCOT??

5 comments:

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

so fun rachel!!! I'm trying to come up with enough reasons as to why the O'Bryants need to visit Orlando. Once I have a convincing list, I'll present it to Steven and we'll be on our way. Ps - my sister had her reception at the same place in St. George. MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Sheryl said...

wow. awesome girly. man trav is married. another jennings down. and dont you just love reese! oh she's adorable.

Unknown said...

happiest place on earth right!

K said...

3 Manatee's hugging?

Katie (Feuz) Nielsen said...

How fun! Kai and I are headed out there in a week! I need a local's opinion...Disneyworld or Epcot? Maybe I can convince Kai we need to do both... : )