Well - I just want you all to know what a great adventure the last few months have been. It's been a little over two months since we've moved out to Windermere (Orlando) and as you can tell we've been all over the Dirrrty Dirty South.
I have had an opportunity to ponder this change a lot - I have been so grateful for RACHEL. The smiles, hugs, sentence finishing {we're getting to know each other pretty well} date nights, kisses, etc. are really just always given at the moment I need them. We have made this jump without any parachutes.. and for now I feel comfortable saying we have landed safely.
We have met a lot of new people and the Munns family has really let us into their home (thanks so much to Abbie McKinnon for contacting her aunt - who turned into our realtor/ my new adopted mom). I will be grateful for Jacque Munns eternally. We have had the opportunity to get new callings here in the ward. I'm serving in the Young Men's and Rachel is teaching the 9 year olds in Primary.
We also had the chance to hear Elder Holland at our Stake Conference - three sessions!! He really had some amazing insights - the one thought I wanted to share with all of you is something he said in his first meeting. He said the only thing he has to look forward to for the rest of his life is meetings - meetings everyday for the REST OF HIS LIFE!! He wanted us to make sure we didn't have meetings just to have them, but to make sure there were actionables. That because of the meeting something would change, someone's life would be benefited.
On another front... I want to let you all know that Trav's and Alise's wedding was very much like they are - to the point, beautiful, and spiritually strong. I have never seen a couple leave their reception on time.. Travis left the line at 8:40 - cut cake, danced with parents, and when he saw the clock was 9 pm he was ready to leave!! It was so classic.. we got him to dance for two more songs and then he was out.. We wish them the best as they begin their lives together!!
In conclusion.. Rach wanted me to comment on golfing a few weeks ago, better late than never, right? Augusta National is by far the most beautiful golf course in the world.. that setting is immaculate, an ideal layout for a golf tournament. I wish I could go sit there and meditate. I'm sure Tom lost count of how many times I gasped, smiled, or said "We're really here!" - the place is really amazing. Something everyone who is a golf fan needs to experience. It really is golf heaven!
Once again.. please come see us here in Orlando - we got some hook ups for anyone who wants to come visit - Disney is really down the street! COME SEE US!!
5 Home Security Options You Need In Place Today
2 years ago
3 comments:
How surreal is that to be at Augusta National for the Masters?!I just loved the video Rachel posted a while back of you in the crowd. You guys are livin' the dream. :)
We're so glad you are able to travel a bit. Hope you get into the people and their customs a little. It makes the trip so much more enjoyable, to see how people are in different places. Helps to let you enjoy them more and see that they are just like the rest of us in a little different way. Love you both.
We'll be there soon :) Okay, we'll be moving soon, but a visit might take a few months of saving. Moving across the country is expensive, eh??
It's good to hear you're doing so well. Can't wait to see you (I'm jealous though that you'll be in AZ at Jilly's wedding soon enough)!
Post a Comment