Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Greetings from Mesa!!

For the past week I’ve been in Mesa for 2 events. Sadly, Tyler wasn't able to make it out to Arizona with the new job and all... but we'll be together in Mexico next week. Anyways, the events were:

#1 Graduation

My brother, Michael, graduated from Mountain View High School on May 21st. He turned 18 on May 20th so it’s been a busy week. We had a graduation party at our house with Tia Rosa's catered (Mesa's favorite Mexican joint)

Here we are with the graduate and his "shrine." Paige and I had both worn the same graduation gown, it was a bit long on us and a bit short on Michael. We both had the traditional shrine set up too.
The only bad part about the night was that Mesa had one of their rare nights of rain, and the graduation takes place in Toro Stadium - outside. We thought and hoped that it would stop raining before graduation started, but sadly it didn't so we quickly changed our outfits to include sweat shirts, hats, and ponchos.

The rain wasn't bad compared to what I've seen in Orlando recently, but most of the people around us had umbrellas, blocking the views. It did rain the entire time, but finally stopped right as we were leaving. The ponchos might not have been complely neccessary, but it kept us dry and we had fun looking ridiculous.


Michael will be keeping the family (well, siblings) tradition alive and will be going to BYU in the Fall!

#2 Jill's wedding

One of my best friends, Jill Gillespie, was married in the Mesa Temple yesterday. It was such an awesome day. Jill and I have been friends since Junior High and were Freshman Roommates at BYU. She was married in the same temple, same room, and by the same sealer as Tyler and me 2 years ago. The sealer was Brother Perkinson, our other roomate, Jill Perkinson's, Grandpa who does an amazing job.
Jill looked great ... I'm so happy for her, and Tyler and I both love her new husband - Ross.



Here is Jill with her nephew, Jack - Jack & Jill!


Jill and me at her wedding...and then
here was Jill and me at my wedding, 2 years ago!
Jill and her friends


Jill & Ross at their first dance


Now I'm hanging out in Mesa until Saturday when my family and I fly to Cancun. We're going for my brother's graduation trip / our summer family vacation. Tyler will be flying from Orlando and I'll be meeting him in the airport down there. We're excited to hang out at the beach for a week, snorkel, and check out some ruins. We're just hoping that we don't get sick, cross your fingers for us!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

rain in AZ?! What are the odds. haha well have fun in Mexico! Soak up lots of sun! :-) DOn't worry you wont get sick...just bring lots of anti-bacterial soap...and lysol wipes (I wiped our hotel room down once in a while...like handles and stuff) call me paranoid but whatever...Im not sick so it worked just fine! :-)

Sheryl said...

i think i'd like to marry someone who wanted to reside in mesa. it's sooo warm and bright there. i love it! fun times for you! excited to read about mexico!

Kali said...

K. I have to say it. I don't think I know anybody who travels more or has more adventures than you guys! You guys are awesome. Living life to the fullest. I love it.

DC said...

Glad to hear all is well in FL. Can't believe you guys are in Cancun... living the high life!!!! love you guys

Lisa said...

Hey! Just found your blog--looks like you're having a blast! I had to comment to let you know your friend Jill just moved into our ward. Sadly, we move out in a few weeks to start work in San Jose. But just thought that was a fun coincidence. :)