1. Babysitting. Yes I know what you're thinking, babysitting - a highlight? Really? Well it's fun when you get to hang out with 2 girls ages 6 & 8 who are tons of fun (and when you have nothing else going on in the middle of the day!) We went swimming, played games, and watched Horton Hears a Who - which I had never seen and really like!
2. Epcot. We went to Epcot Thursday night, just to check out all the places we didn't see last time. I love the "Great Britain" area of course - it's home to Pubs, Classic Red Phone Booths, they sell all the best London Treats, and just has a classic London feel.
Then we rode our favorite ride at Epcot -- Soarin - I know they also have it at California Adventure in Anaheim, but I hadn't been on it until we moved here. It's worth the long wait, or at least get a "fast pass."3. Earl of Sandwich. Some of our new friends in Orlando introduced us to this great sandwich shop in Downtown Disney - website here. ~They have locations across the country~ Since they "invented the sandwich and have been eating sandwiches since 1762" they definitely know how to make a good one! This really gave us a reason to love sandwiches again after all those terrible five dollar footlongs we've eaten recently.
4. B.J's Pizza. Those from California and Arizona all love BJs deep dish pizza and pizzookies! Tyler and I both assumed BJs was just a west coast thing, but we were excited when we realized there's a location right here near Windermere. There are only a few in Florida, and none back east, so we're lucky to have one nearby. We enjoyed the Oreo Pizookie and the Southwest Pizza, highly recommend both.
5. Time with the sister missionaries. We have 2 sister missionaries assigned to our ward and yesterday I drove them to their appointments and went along with them for the afternoon. Since I didn't serve a mission, it was a good experience for me to get a sneak peak into the life of a missionary. The 2 missionaries are both only one year younger than I am, and are both from Utah County, so I fit in almost a little too well haha. During the 3 hours it rained the whole time, we got barked at by scary huge dogs, had some things fall through, but also got to testify about Jesus Christ, the Restored Gospel, and Living Prophets. My favorite part was singing I am a Child of God to a Hindu man in his garage. I hope he could feel the spirit that I felt. Info
Well, the no travel thing isn't lasting much longer. Tomorrow Tyler and I are driving down to Miami. He scheduled some appointments for work during the afternoon, but like most people, he has Friday off, so... for the Fourth of July Weekend, we're going to the Florida Keys! I've always been intrigued by this place, but I never thought I'd be able to visit. It's crazy that you can drive to an island, but the Florida Keys are all connected by the Overseas Highway.

We saved up some free hotel nights Tyler earned through work, and so we will be chillin at the Holiday Inn... Hopefully on this beach, enjoying the Fourth of July Festivities!!
Hope you all have a lovely Fourth of July Weekend!!!
1 comment:
Kai and I always use the points he earns from Holiday Inn Express. Hey...free is free, right?!
Post a Comment