As soon as this epic game was announced (sometime last year) he was determined that he would go. How could he pass up the chance to see Max lead BYU to play a top three team in the new Cowboys Stadium?? It all came to reality when the Munns family (our adopted family in Orlando) decided to roadtrip out to Texas and invited Tyler and I to come along. When they invited us, I was about 8 weeks pregnant and was not feeling well at all. The thought of a 16 hour road trip to a football game didn't sound all too appealing to me. At first Tyler decided he should stay home with me, but I told him that he should just go! He left the decision up to me ... and LUCKILY I told him he could go, or else I would have felt guilty the rest of my life!
He had the time of his life, and obviously the Cougars pulled out the win! He was lucky enough to get a seat on the 4th row so he had an amazing experience in the new Cowboys Stadium (which he says everyone should go see, even if not for a game - just go take a tour if you're in Dallas)
Here are some pictures from his experience (via his iPhone so not that great of quality...)




It worked out great for Tyler because he was able to meet up with a lot of friends from BYU, even got to see his favorite aunt and uncle Karen & Sherm, and got to officially meet his new brother-in-law to be Mr. Ben Lewis! But as much as I'm sooo happy for him and his experience and I know that everyone at the game just loved it, and it would have been so great to see everyone ... I am SO glad I didn't go.
I didn't realize that being pregnant was going to affect my body as much as it has! Before this summer, I NEVER got sick. Tyler had never seen me sick. I never missed a day of work, college, or high school due to illness. I'm just healthy! So when I found out I was pregnant, I honestly felt that I would be immune to the "morning sickness thing."
Well, I guess I shouldn't be too dramatic because it hasn't been THAT bad, but I've definitely experienced quite a bit more discomfort than I expected. For the past month I've had all the normal symptoms: Nausea, No appetite, Exhausted all the time, Can't sleep at night, Sensitive to Smells etc etc. Some days I laid in bed all day and ate saltines. But, I'm starting to have more good days, and my appetite is coming back, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Tyler really wasn't expecting me to get so sick either, but he has been amazing. Since I can't stand the smell of food, he's done all the cooking and grocery shopping this past month. He's taken care of me better than I could have ever hoped for!
We went to the doctor yesterday and I found that after 12 weeks of pregnancy, I've lost 7 pounds... I really was NOT expecting that, I was hoping I had gained a couple honestly. I guess it just proves I'm not eating enough. But my doctor was not too concerned and he prescribed me some medicine (Zofran ... anybody tried it?) that I can start to take. BUT the best part of the appointment is that we heard the heartbeat! We weren't able to hear it that long because the baby was moving around alot, but when we heard it, it was so incredible! And it's also incredible to think there is a baby the size of a lime really moving around inside me!

I've been really hesitant to believe that this was really going to happen, that there really was a baby inside, and that we're really going to be parents in March. For the past 2 months I've told Tyler that when I hear the heartbeat, then I KNOW it will be real. The chance of miscarriage goes down dramatically once you've heard the heartbeat, so at that point I could truly accept it. Well, that time is now. This really is happening! I'm so excited, and now I can let it sink in more fully. I think a trip to Babies'R'Us may be in store this weekend...
6 comments:
Tyler, awesome. What an incredible game to witness on the 4th row.
To both of you, congratulations on the pregnancy.
Rachel, I don't know you, but I feel your pain. I had terrible nausea/vomiting with my pregnancies. When I was expecting in '06, I took Zofran around the clock, and it was a miracle worker. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me so you can get a little relief.
OH my goodness...rachel congrats!!! What exciting news! Rachel and Tyler having a baby?!?!? How did this happen. (don't answer that) lol. So excited for you. Can't wait to hear what it is!
congratulations! I found your blog through the cooks and wanted to say hi and congrats. (we were in accounting together, by the way, haha...) Hope you get to feeling better soon ;)
Rachel,this is the just first of many social events where you will say, "I'm glad that I didn't go." This is especially true after you have your baby,and you just want to spend time with your child. As I have learned with Annabelle starting Kindergarden, 18 years goes by way too fast.
I am due in 2 weeks and 4 days, and it STILL does not feel real to me. I can't believe there is a human being inside me, and one day she is just going to come out and be my baby. It's crazy!
I used Zofran, and I LOVED it. It really helped with the nausea. Hope you get to feeling like yourself again! I did at about 16 weeks. Good luck!
As Rand and I watched the game one of our one questions was, "Do you think Bishop Hagan is at the game?" We figured of all the games to fly out and watch, this would be the one. Nice to see we were correct! ha ha!
And I can't even imagine how adorable a room and clothes this baby is going to have. If a boy, I see miniature golf clubs as well! :o)
Post a Comment