Monday, April 12, 2010

19 Days Old



It's been 19 days since Jackson was born, but it seems like a lifetime ago that I was in the hospital giving birth to the little guy. He is so precious and has made everything so easy for Tyler and me. He eats every 3 hours during the day and goes more than 4 hours during the night. So I've only had to wake up once a night (around 3 am) for the past two weeks. He normally goes to sleep really easily, and hardly cries. And it doesn't hurt that he is ADORABLE and really never looked like an "awkward newborn." Everyone asks me "how did you give birth to a 9 pound baby??" and I really don't know, mainly because epidurals are amazing :-) But honestly, I hope all my babies are big because it's helped him be such a better eater and sleeper.

I have NO idea how we got so lucky with Jackson, but he truly has been a PERFECT baby so far. My mom says he's acting more like a 2-month old than a 2-week old.



Another reason why it's been so easy is because my mom came out for 10 days and helped out so much! She is a first time grandma and had been waiting with excitement to take upon this new title with Jackson's arrival. She left last Tuesday and we've been missing Grandma, but we'll see her again next month in Arizona!

My sister came out last week also, so we've had her help since Grandma left, but she just left this morning. It was so great to have the help from them and Jackson and I miss them already...

We were able to have lots of fun with Aunt Paige - we went on lots of walks, trips to the pool, we went to the mall, Downtown Disney & even went out to dinner. And of course - Jackson was perfect for all these outings!


So today (for the first time) I'm home alone with Jackson while Tyler's at work. It's been a fun morning hanging out with Jackson - a little preview of what life will really be like. But tomorrow we are lucky enough to have Tyler's mom visit for 5 days - Jackson is so lucky to have 2 grandmas that love him so much!!

At his 2 week appointment he weighed 9 pounds 7 ounces, so ya he's big - but look at his skinny little legs! His arms are pretty skinny too. He does have a big tummy and a couple extra rolls on his neck that help him get up to 9 pounds.

He loves his swing so much (and as I type this he is sleeping in it)

Jackson loved to grab onto Aunt Paige's hair!

During his "tummy time" he likes to see himself in the mirror. He's so strong and already is lifting his head up really well.




Jackson is amazing. I love him so much!

5 comments:

bdub said...

He is so cute! Wish I could have been there!

Kurt and Jordan said...

he is so cute!!!! I love your pictures!!! He looks like a good mix of both of you:)

Hilary said...

Rachel, he is just so cute!

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

i simply NEED to squeeze that baby! oh my gosh. when do i get to meet him?

Jamie said...

Wow. Jackson is such a beautiful child. Just beautiful...

And you Rach? You look pretty freakin' ridiculous for just having a baby. Come on.