Tuesday, October 26, 2010

seven months



On Sunday Jackson hit the seven month mark and is still as cute as can be! We've been so busy that this month just flew by and Jackson has been so great at tagging along through all of our travels and adventures.

The big change for the month was solid foods - he finally decided that he likes baby food! After hating rice cereal and refusing our initial tries of apple sauce last month, I was pretty sure I'd be nursing him until he was 2. But a few weeks ago he finally decided he would actually swallow instead of spit it out - and he loved the apple sauce! Then he tried sweet potatoes, those graduate cereal puffs, and even bananas mixed with rice cereal. It's been great to be able to feed him when we're eating dinner, and out to eat.

But other than that ... not many developmental changes with our little buddy. Still no crawling. Still no scooting. But I'm not going to lie, I'm fine with that! I'm still able to set him down on the carpet or on the middle of my bed and know that he's not going anywhere!

He still has no teeth, he still has beautiful blue eyes, he still has little wispy brown hair. He still gets called "the gerber baby" all the time, and we are loving him more and more each day!

I've been taking a picture of him every month in his crib, laying on his back to show how much he grows. This month he would not keep his legs straight!




He's been a little sick for the past couple days so I wasn't able to get many good pictures for his seven month photo shoot. So these pictures are about all I got - I'd like to call it the many faces of Jackson. Proof that he's not smiling all the time ... just most of the time :-)




(mid-cough)


(always reaching for the camera!)

But when his Daddy comes in and throws him in the air - we're guaranteed to get a smile out of the little guy!

1 comment:

Ms. Green Eyes said...

They grow up way too quickly, don't they!?