I guess this blog is called TyandRach.blogspot.com - not Jacksonupdate.blogspot.com, so what else is going on with us? Well 2010 has been an amazing year - we had Jackson, bought a house and have traveled all around Florida for Tyler's work. But between now and the end of the year, it's only getting to get busier. Tyler has a trip scheduled every week between now and our Christmas break - some small ones for work, but some fun ones with Jackson and me!
We've got three vacations coming up in the next two months -
1.
In 2 weeks we're going to Puerto Rico!! Tyler stays at so many hotels that he was able to earn free nights through Hilton that he can use anywhere in the world! He also had a few extra vacation days that expire at the end of the year, so we basically have to go! :-) But at first he showed me options in far off places in Europe, Central America, and the Pacific Islands. But me, being the realist with a seven month old, only wanted to go somewhere local. Maybe we can go somewhere exotic next year when we can leave Jackson with my mom. So I thought we should go somewhere we could drive to in Florida, maybe the Keys? But Tyler didn't want to stay local when he had the option to go foreign! So we decided on Puerto Rico.
I'm not going to lie, I'm still a little nervous to take Jackson there! But since (as Tyler says) it's basically America, and we'll be able to rent a car and stay at a nice hotel - it should be just fine for the little guy! I was skeptical at first, but now as I'm getting more used to the idea - I'm getting so excited! Finally a trip where Tyler doesn't have to be working - an actual vacation! Tyler and I were actually supposed to go to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon but our flight got canceled so we ended up canceling the hotel and staying in Arizona. So this is actually like the honeymoon we never had (plus a baby)...
2.
For Thanksgiving we're meeting my family in NYC!!! It's my mom's birthday the day after Thanksgiving so we're all staying in Manhattan for the weekend. We're going to see the Macy's Parade, go shopping, enjoy the sites, and even see a Broadway Show! Since my sister and her husband live in up-state NY, my parents and brother are flying to see them and then driving down to the city. Jackson, Tyler and me will fly into the city and meet them at our hotel (another Tyler hookup!) and party for the weekend. Then afterward, we're going to drive up to Boston for a couple days so Ty can show me the amazing city I've never been to and we will visit with the lovely Dan & Jamie Cook!
3.
Christmas is coming and we'll be in Arizona for the week before Christmas and in Utah the week after. So all our family and friends out west, we hope to see you then!
It will be a busy couple months but we're so excited. I can't believe this year has flown by, we've got Halloween this weekend and our little tiger is going to look so cute! So I'm sure another jacksonupdate.blogspot.com will be posted shortly :-)
5 Home Security Options You Need In Place Today
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment