Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ty's B-Day!

From one birthday to the next! Tyler's big day comes only 12 days after mine, so it's always a fun time in late September / early October in the Jennings household. This year it seemed even closer together with us traveling the week after my birthday. Tyler never lets me talk about what we're doing for his birthday until mine is over, so I always feel like I'm scrambling to get stuff ready at the end! We were only home 6 days before his birthday yesterday (4 of which I didn't have a car since my battery died twice) but luckily we were able to have a great day together yesterday!!

We started the morning with homemade waffles and then Tyler opened most of his presents.

Jackson gave him a basketball so he can get really good and teach him how to play in the coming years! (Even though he was a bit more interested in the card than the ball at this point...)


My cute boys with the gifts and cards. His biggest present is a set of irons (golf clubs) that has been ordered and will be arriving soon! And yes, I got him socks for his birthday. I guess that makes us an old married couple. He didn't think he needed new ones, but believe me, he did!


The main event of the day was spending the afternoon at the beach! We headed west to Tampa Bay and drove the 80 miles to Clearwater Beach. It's a little bit farther then the Atlantic Ocean side, but it's so worth it! The water is so warm and the sand is soft and white! Jackson slept the whole drive there and back and was a happy little guy playing in the sand and waves with daddy.





After coming home and cleaning up a bit, we went to The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate for dinner. We were a little hesitant to take Jackson since he was so crazy at my birthday dinner, but luckily he behaved himself much better this time. Basically perfect in fact! This is now the third year in a row we've gone to Cheesecake for Ty's birthday haha. We considered other places, but it's just so hard to go wrong with that place!

Here are some pics of the two boys playing around after we finished dinner...




And then the dessert menu arrived and Tyler handed Jackson to me - this was a big decision! Tyler took about 5 minutes deciding what cheesecake to get!


He decided on one we'd never tried, pineapple upside-down cheesecake - perfect for the pineapple lover, right? And it was great! Jackson was intrigued by the candle as seen here...



It was such a fun day with Tyler and Jackson! I'm so grateful for Tyler and I feel so blessed to have him as my husband! How lucky am I!! We sat just a few booths away from where we were last year and it is crazy to see how much has changed since his last birthday. But with all the changes, I'm more in love now than ever!

I'm so happy to be raising this beautiful little boy who looks just like his daddy!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Nice! Looks like you had fun. I've already begun considering my own birthday dinner options, and am about 75% decided on Cheesecake Factory as well. Tyler has good taste! Also, does Florida State have a law school? I'm so jealous that you get to go to the beach all the time!