I was so excited to land in PR, it was just such a relief to have the flight over with, and begin the vacation. When we landed in
We were definitely ready to finally get to the hotel. And what a hotel it was!
and the view from the entrance.
By the time we got settled in our room we were starving so we hopped back in our car and drove back to town for a quick bite to eat. Then we went to the local Wal-Mart and stocked up on drinks, snacks, and baby food for the week.
I don’t remember exactly what happened when we got back to the hotel, I’m pretty sure we all fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow (and in Jackson’s case – blankie).
The next morning was pretty overcast and we explored the grounds of the hotel. So pretty and tropical! We actually just stayed at the hotel all day relaxing in our room and at the pool.
It was raining on and off most of the day so we never did venture to the beach. But it felt so good to just relax and enjoy the beauty of the island. Tyler and I travel together often, but normally he works during the day and I only see him at nights. It was so nice to finally be able to spend the whole day with no meetings or phone calls! That night we tried a local Puerto Rican restaurant and I had amazing pot roast while
The next day (Thursday) we got a bit more adventurous! It was sunny when we woke up and we were so excited that we got ready to go to the beach, but sadly just as we were about to walk out the door it started raining. Since we were already set to go out, we quickly changed our plans and headed for the rain forest. We drove about 20 minutes and were almost there when we got to our last turn and found out the road was flooded! We originally thought we’d turn around, but
I’m so glad we did because it was one of the most beautiful drives I’ve ever been on. I’m pretty sure we were the only tourists on the road that day. (Turns out most people just waited around until the road wasn’t flooded about an hour later) It was a windy road through a dense rain forest going up and down mountains – we couldn’t believe we were on this road together! We only passed 1 car on the whole 30 minute drive and so we really felt like we were alone in this paradise. The rain let up and we got out at some of the stops to take pictures and take in the views. Here are some pics
We also strapped
By the time we left the park it was getting sunny so we headed back to our hotel and finally made it to the beach! And I should clarify that the hotel's beach is on another island!
(The hotel actually owns the island you can see in this picture taken from our balcony)
That night we tried another little restaurant in town and had some more amazing food! We had flank steak, chicken arepas, and a delicious dulce de lech crepe with ice cream..
The next day (Friday) was sunny all day! We decided to check out another beach that was near our hotel. We had heard great things about it, but when we got there it was pretty bad. With all the rain, there was tons of debris all over the beach and in the water so even though we had to pay to get into the park, we decided to leave almost immediately. The beach on Palomino Island was much better than this! The only problem was our rental car wouldn’t start. I guess we had asked too much of it driving around the rain forest - because the battery had died. Similar to our experience in the rain forest, we were the only tourists at the park and the only car in the parking lot. So
*I'm realizing by looking at this picture that it was a beautiful little place! But what you can't see is the sand was literally covered with sea weed, and palm leaves. I couldn't even find a clean place to lay out our towel.
Once we got the car started again we drove back to the hotel and headed back over to
The next day was Saturday and time to head out. We left our hotel (after getting our car battery jumped again) in the morning and drove to
We also had the most amazing lunch at a place called St. Germain. Best steak sandwich
That afternoon we headed to the airport and said goodbye to
All in all it was a great trip! While we did have some bad luck with some weather and our car, when looking back at this vacation I will have great memories!

























4 comments:
Beautiful photos! That first one looks like heaven. And can Jackson get any cuter? I think not.
what a fun trip! it's different traveling with a baby isn't it? but still so much fun. just a little more work. :)
omg that looks like so much fun and i am sooo jealous!!! glad jackson did so well too.
YOU ARE SO LUCKY! Yay for an awesome vacation--full on vacation--without pressure to get somewhere by some time and with full-time family time. Wow.
Glad Jackson was an angel on the way there. Even if he was fussy for half the trip back you at least got a good cuddly nap for the other half. Oh I miss baby cuddles.
Have a great Thanksgiving, whatever you do!
Post a Comment