Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Jackson!!



Today my baby turns one - I can hardly believe it has been one year since this precious little baby was placed in my arms. I never could have guessed that I would be lucky enough to have a baby like Jackson. He is such an amazing boy! He is always so happy and so much fun to be around. His smiles and giggles just melt me every day.

As much as I'd love to focus my entire day on Jackson today, I can't. As much as I'd love to post a well written summary of his 1st year of life, I don't have the time. I am running around the house to get ready for Girls Camp in a few hours. I am the Ward Camp Director and camp starts this afternoon and lasts throughout the weekend. It's not a big stake camp with dozens of leaders working on it, it's just our ward, and just me. I am in charge of food, certification, activities, devotionals, and all the planning. (Well basically everything other than picking which day it starts on...) It's been quite the challenge but I'm excited to get to camp and make all my work worth it!

I'll have to update the blog in a few days with pictures from his amazing birthday party and other birthday events but for now here are a couple pictures from this morning.

We gave him a birthday donut and he ate some of it ...




but was much happier when we put sliced bananas on his tray.



Love my healthy little baby, Happy Birthday Jackson Tyler Jennings!

2 comments:

Ash said...

:) happy bday!

abbie said...

happy birthday, cute boy! good luck with camp!