-- Love this pic, but more on that later--
Spring Break! Although it's not something I've been able to experience personally, since high school -- I feel like I've benefited from others' breaks every year since then. This year we had my parents and Steven fly out from Arizona during his spring break. Paige also joined the party and flew down from NY for a much needed escape from the cold winter up there. During the week we had two jam-packed Disney Days, a trip to the Lake, shopping, lounging, and lots of March Madness watching.
Jackson was happy to have more people to play with, but he's starting to become a little more shy. He still smiles and says "hi" and will interact, but isn't quite as willing to be held by other people ... especially when Tyler and I are in the room. (just a warning to our other family members who are coming to see Jackson soon) But by the end of the week we was very used to everyone and has little games he played with everyone individually. Such a happy baby, love that kid!
It was the perfect weather all week long - 80 degrees and no rain!
Paige and Ste on Lake Butler
After riding Rock'N'Roller Roaster! One of my new favorites after not riding it for 9 months of pregnancy and 9 months of scardy-pantsish! I'm glad I finally rode it with Jill Fill last month!
Outside Tyler's favorite ride -- Toy Story Mania. And thanks to our new-found knowledge of the "rider swap" option Disney offers if you have a baby, we did not have to wait in hardly any lines - no way we'd wait 125 minutes for any ride!
The main event of the week happened last Saturday when we had Jackson's First Birthday Party!!
Since my family was in town and I had girls camp last week, we decided to have his party the weekend before his birthday and it worked out great! We invited some of our friends from our ward (most of whom have little guys and gals that Jackson likes to play with) and had a little afternoon party. Paige had recently taken a cake decorating class so she frosted an amazing sailboat cake and plenty of cupcakes to serve at the party.
We presented him with his cake -- and this healthy little eater didn't get as into it as we thought he would! He enjoyed it a bit more when we put strawberries mixed around in the chocolate!
When I thought about throwing the party it hadn't even crossed my mind that people would bring presents until my mom mentioned it to me a few days before. I just wanted to have a good time celebrating Jackson, but he ended up getting quite a few really neat toys and books! He is starting to really play with toys and reading books so it was great to get some new ones for our little guy.
It was the perfect event for Jackson! This social little guy has a lot of friends and admirers so with 30 plus people at the party we're glad to be able to fit them all in our new place.
The family all left after one week of fun in the sun, and then I had just 3 days to get ready for girls' camp!
No comments:
Post a Comment