Monday, April 11, 2011

He pulled it off again!

"He" in this case is Tyler, and by "it" I mean managed to get into the Masters Golf Tournament! 2 years ago Tyler went with Tom Swapp, this year Tyler's dad came out for the big event. Maybe a little background - Tyler's boss has a pass that gets 2 people into the Masters' Tournament each day for the rest of his life. It is the most prestigious golf tournament in the world, so obviously these are verrrry hard to come by. They are passed on from generation to generation. You can not buy a ticket from the tournament, you have to either know the right people, pay hundreds of dollars on Craigslist or eBay. Tyler always seems to know the right people, doesn't he?

Two years ago was his first time going and I blogged about the experience (well bascially the part how I stayed home alone on Easter).

Last year Tyler didn't get to go (don't feel too bad for him, we did have a 10 day old baby at the time)

This year he was offered tickets for Saturday and he gladly accepted, I think within the hour he had called his dad to invite him and his flight was booked to fly out here to join Tyler on a fun father/son bonding weekend! And luckily for me, this year I wasn't left home alone - I had a buddy to hang out with -- and luckily it didn't fall on easter weekend this year!

Terry flew in late Thursday night, and then Jackson and I said goodbye to them Friday morning as they drove up to Augusta, Georgia. They went to the tournament for a couple hours on Friday, all day on Saturday, and then drove home Saturday night so Terry could catch his 9 am flight out of Orlando on Sunday. It was a lot of driving for one weekend, but I don't think they minded at all! They had a lot of fun and even managed to get seen on tv again.

(Quick little screen shot of Tyler on TV cheering on Tiger and Choi)


I tried to get Jackson to show some interest in the tournament, but he wasn't to into it. He was more interested in his toys, books, and balls - he also learned a new word this weekend - "Uh Oh"!



We did have a fun weekend going swimming, shopping and we even went out on a date together on Saturday night (Panera Bread & Target -- fancy stuff) Also got him this cute new hat and some little Jackson sized chairs for our patio. Love this baby!!

1 comment:

Ash said...

i didn't know he could get any more adorable but he did with his hat when you went swimming! <3 you guys

and congrats to tyler on be amazing golfer! That's awesome :)