Thursday, April 21, 2011

Punta Cana

Last week we finally put that adorable little passport of Jackson's to use when we traveled over seas to the Dominican Republic! We stayed at the Hard Rock Resort in Punta Cana, DR - Had you ever heard of Punta Cana? Me neither. But wow what a place, it's beautifully lush and tropical, has some amazing beaches and ocean! There were 10 pools, including a huge kid water park area with a lazy river, mini golf, rock climbing wall, water sports, you name it this place had it!

But my favorite thing to do was lay by the pool and read my book :-)


Here's the deal -- Tyler earned this trip from his work. Last year, he was recognized as one of the top salesmen of the company and was invited to attend the "Circle of Excellence" retreat! This was sponsered by not just his company Wattstopper, but the mother company LeGrand North America. It's s $1 Billion Company with over 2000 employees and Tyler was selected with 60 others to join the Executives and Vice Presidents for the honor. So what I'm saying is ... it was kinda a big deal. Luckily for me, the company pays for the wives to come along too! So then the big debate we had was about Jackson... to bring or not to bring.

Children were allowed to come to, but Tyler hadn't heard of any one else bringing kids, let alone one-year old. I considered leaving him with someone, maybe flying grandparents in, or Jackson out with them, but when it came down to it - I didn't feel good doing that. So the Passport was ordered and Jackson joined us on another trip and his 14th and 15th flights!

He ended up being a really good boy, but we were limited in having him with us. I wouldn't have had it any other way, I love my baby!

First Night - Welcome Dinner.

Hotel Lobby




Intense Water Polo Games Amongst the Sales Team


Love my Ocean Boys!




Jackson was not a big fan of the sand, but got used to it by the end of the week.



Final Cocktail Party


At the final Awards Dinner




It was an amazing week and I'm so grateful to Tyler for earning the trip for the family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun time! I think its great you took Jackson...such a cute little guy he is!

Annie said...

you live such a fun life! oh my gosh this looks amazing!