Friday, July 1, 2011

Disney Haircut

Before I start blogging about the Cali trip I need to document the event that took place the day before we left: Jackson's first haircut!


Can you tell how excited he was :-)

I hate to admit it, but Jackson got his hair (or lack of it) from me. According to my dad, I was bald until I was 4. OK I wasn't bald, but I had really fine, wispy brown hair for a long time. Tyler had a full head of curly hair when he was a baby. Jackson got a little bit of Tyler's hair genes, but not much. Last month when it started getting kinda curly in the back and long in the front and over his ears, we decided it was time for a cut. And of course we wanted him looking his best for all his family out west!

So where did we take him for his first cut? DisneyWorld of course! I learned from a friend (yes you Amanda) that there is a barber shop on Main Street @ the Magic Kingdom! They offer 3 services, adult cut, kid cut, and babies' first cut. So yeah, it was kind of a big deal.

I tried taking some "before and after" shots, but the squirmy little guy makes it hard to get a good photo. But here are a couple pictures of "before"

It's not really even that long compared to lots of one-year-olds out there, but this was super long for my standards! There are long strands sticking out pretty badly all over the place but it's hard to see in this picture.

Getting started with the haircut now! They put Jackson up on this nifty seat thing and he stayed on there for about 30 seconds, while she made a little pouch to keep his locks of hair in.

From then on, he was on my lap with a binky in his mouth, yo gabba gabba to distract, and spinning micky mouse toys to entertain him with.

He actually lasted pretty well from then on and didn't cry or get off my lap the entire time!


When it was all over Jackson was presented with his first set of Mickey Ears!


At first he wasn't so sure about them ...


But then she held up a mirror for Jackson to check himself out. He loved it and in this picture is in the middle of saying, "oh woooooow" I think he liked the way he looked :-)


Jackson's new BFF Leslie presented him with a certificate and a pouch that contained locks of his hair.


It was a fun experience - and one of the perks of living so close to Disney!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

yay! you took him! he looks so cute, don't they always look so much older once they get their first haircuts even if it is only taking a little off? p.s. let me know if you want a blog invite- mine is private. :)

abbie said...

So cute! I've lived here my whole life and didn't know about the Disney haircut! :)