Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life as of late

We have had lots of fun these past couple weeks. Lots of swimming, Disney, and watching the Olympics!

Some memories I want to remember...

Watching Olympics with Jackson - at first I didn't know how he'd feel about watching shows other than cartoons, but he's been loving it! Some of his favorite things to watch are rowing (super random but he loves yelling "row row row!" and moving his arms like the athletes), gymanstics (big jumps!), swimming and diving, basketball (when they showed womens bball he looked at the tv with a super concerned look on his face, finally he looked at me and said, "oh its mama hoop") and his favorite is track and field (like mother like son)

Oh how I wish this video wasn't upside down - I don't know how that happened while I was filming but this is just too cute not to share. He figured out this starting block on the couch setup on his own. Right before I filmed this we had watched a hurdle race and i explained what they were doing as they started in the blocks and jumped over the hurdles. He wanted to try... (probably his favorite phrase right now "I try!") 


I am loving seeing my two amazing kids interact. Jackson is so in love with Abbie. Now whenever she cries he says, "sorry baby, no cry sorry sorry" and rubs her head until she stops crying or he gives her a binky. The great thing is that most of the time, this works and she'll stop crying. She is so in love with him. She will sit in a room content if she can watch Jackson playing. If we leave the room she gets sad. He has finally started saying Abbie! For some reason it was a really hard word for him to say but now he calls her Abbie most of the time, but still calls her baby and Abigail.He is really good at making her laugh and smile...



Last Friday we went to Disneyworld with a friend who works there. We don't have passes yet but wanted to go while Tyler had some free time. It was dang hot but we had fun. We started at Hollywood Studios, then went over to Animal Kingdom. We went home in the afternoon and planned to go to Magic Kingdom in the evening. The weather wasn't looking great so Tyler decided he wasn't into it but I still wanted to go. So Jackson and I went alone and it was one of the funnest nights! We rode dumbo, buzz lightyear and even the barnstormer rollercoaster! He was barely tall enough but I was sure he'd be too scared but he absolutely loved it. We hung out at Pooh's house, joined in on a dance party with pluto and goofy, and checked out the new Casey Jr Train play area. When we left the park I bought him his first toy story characters and he was in heaven. He just held the box smiling the whole ride on the monorail. He has loved playing with Woody, Buzz, Jesse, Bullseye, the aliens (ooooooh) and his favorite dinosaur, rex.

Oh in other news, Abbie is rolling over! Not from tummy to back like a normal baby, but from back to tummy. It's funny how different she is from Jackson in this regard. He haaated being on his tummy but she loves it and prefers it to her back.


We went to Blizzard Beach last Saturday and while Jackson is still scared to go down the bigger kid slides by himself he'll ride the crazy tube slides as long as he's with Tyler or me. But he's getting braver in that he will jump off the side and dive in now. He used to only jump from the steps but now he'll do it from the side. Also they have these big glacier things that float in the water for kids to climb on (kind of like the lily pads at sunsplash) and he loves laying on those and then rolling or scooting head first in the water from there. He does this all with now floaties and loves loves loves his freedom in the water.


Kind of a big deal, it's crazy how much he looks like Tyler here.

Fun night swimming



In his starting blocks again!

Fruit for dinner and her first successful roll!

He loves wearing Tyler's hat right now

Riding Dumbo with my buddy

Buzz Lighyear ride
After riding the Barnstormer

Hi Mr. Gorilla!

Digging in the boneyard

Lion!

Cheetahs and cute Jackson in the mirror




Abbie's first time at Disney - meeting Mickey!


3 comments:

Justin and Camille said...

Wow you guys are having so much fun over there!! We miss you guys!

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

I can't believe how well he swims! I guess that's the difference between an Iowa toddler with few summer months and a Florida toddler with a pool in the back yard. :)

Ash said...

he is sooooo cute! well you all are but seriously, I love your son. I wish you guys lived closer or we lived closer :)