SO yeah, it's a random Thursday in July. But here are the ups and downs of our day
Down – Tyler was out of town. Only 24 hours, actually 23, left after dinner last night and got home before dinner today but he spent the night away. There haven’t been too many nights with me alone
with the kids. Jackson hardly ever gets up in the night, maybe once a month if
that and Abbie is normally pretty easy but for some reason I get nervous when
it’s just me.
Up – The kids were great. Abbie just woke up once to eat at
5 am and then didn’t make a peep until 9. Jackson slept til 7:30, so I’d
consider that a good night!
Up – Jackson’s friend Elliott came to play at our house this
morning
Down – The reason he came over was so his mom could get some
packing done. His family is moving next week and so Jackson’s buddy was here
for his final playdate. It’s really sad because over the past year all the boys
around his age have moved out of our ward.
Now the closest boys are either 9 months older or younger. None would be
in his grade at school though. But there are 6 girls his age, 5 moved in just
this year – so we may have ourselves a ladies man…
Up - Jackson loves his buddy and they are just now able to
talk to each other and interact when they play and it’s really cute. They are 3
months apart and have been getting together since they were infants but now
they actually interact more when they play. He actually can say his name, “Ehhliot”
and he really doesn’t say any other of his friends’ names.
Down - I didn't notice that Jackson ended up eating most of Elliott's lunch that his mom had packed. Luckily I was able to give Elliott a very similar lunch of our own, but for some reason Jackson enjoys eating other people's food more than his own. He would never eat certian foods if I put it on his plate, but he'll eat it if he thinks he's taking a bite of Daddy's...
Up - Before they ate lunch I heard Jackson mumbling to himself and I look over and he had his arms folded for a prayer. All I really caught was "thank you thank you thank you amen," but I was proud! Something must be sinking in!
Down – Sometimes Jackson loves him a little too much and
just body slam hugs him… don’t think he loves that. Also he thought it would be
fun to drive Mater on his head, throw a train at his face to “share,” and roar his dinosaur really loud in his face,
to which he cried of fear… Maybe we need another boy to move in that can
appreciate Jackson’s love for throwing and roaring…
Down – Speaking of throwing, Jackson also threw a nerf
football in Abbie’s face – Marsha Brady style. Luckily it was a total accident,
but still it was bad. He realized he had done something wrong right away and immediately
ran over to her and started rubbing her head. But she really was hurt and started
crying really loud. Between me scolding him and hearing her cry he was upset
and started crying himself. He sat in timeout for two minutes and didn’t argue
at all. He knew he messed up…
Up – Yeah he really still loves her a lot. I am so glad that
he treats her so well and doesn’t have jealousy issues (yet at least). Today
after his nap he was cranky but when she woke up 10 minutes later he immediately
smiled and was happy again.
| Hugging, but also kind of squishing... |
Up – Our friends (Jon & Semra) invited us over for dinner and they had the
most amazing meal prepared. Pesto salmon, mashed potatoes, salad, asparagus,
rolls & limeaid. Wow it was all so good and I am normally not a huge fish lover but I would eat this weekly. And the presentation she pulls off is picture perfect. Also Jackson loves going over there because he gets to play with his friend Sahara - she's 8 and acts as a playmate/babysitter - it's perfect.
Down – I wanted to document said picture perfect food but I left
my phone (aka camera) at home. I keep wanting to take a picture of the amazing
food she serves and was planning on it tonight. Seriously the one time I don’t
have my phone…
Up – I made these rolo cookies for dessert that we love. I
brought some to her last month and she told me how much she loved them…It was
embarrassing admitting that they are cake mix cookies with 4 ingredients. I
thought about making a fancier version this time, but hey we know this recipe
works right?
Up – We had a fun night with them and got home and put both
kids right to bed without a hitch.
Down – Tyler has finals tomorrow so he’s busy studying for
the rest of the night
Up – I had time to write this blog about our random Thursday
in July…
Tomorrow I have to go
to the post office with two kids (totally down) and then I’m meeting a friend
at the farmers’ market ( hopefully up if Jackson behaves..)
No comments:
Post a Comment