For most people the end of August signifies the end of summer, but for a family in hot Florida with kids who aren't in school yet - September really won't bring too many changes. But I'm kind of ready for summer to be over - I'd love to be able to run outside, go to the park, and theme parks without sweating, and start gearing up for the fall! So I'll just have to start baking with pumpkin and bust out the Halloween decorations to make it happen...
Since Abbie turned 4 months through the end of August, there haven't
been many "blog worthy events" occur with our family. But there have
been some fun moments and memories caught via phone photos.
 |
| Waiting for Daddy to come home on the front porch, I think we were all ready for him this day! |
 |
| All summer Jackson has refused to wear flip flops, last year he lived in them, but this year he wouldn't even let me put them on. But he let me put them on him one afternoon and now he loves wearing them ... finally! |
 |
| Figured out how to make her smile for pictures, turn the camera around so she can see herself! |
 |
| Abbie tried rice cereal for the first time, she ate it just fine but didn't love it... |
 |
| And here is me, trying rice cereal for the first time at 4 1/2 months - look alike?? |
 |
| Trains have taken over our house and Abbie is starting to get in on the action. |
I am now the Young Women Secretary in our ward and was put in charge of New Beginnings a couple weeks ago. It's fun being in Young Women again, but it's just such a different place than I had in Mesa. We probably had 40-50 girls in our young women program and this ward has 8, with 2 new girls coming in this year. It's very small but they are great girls.
 |
| I got these prints framed for a handout for the girls, the only picture I have from the event. |
 |
| I love that she still falls asleep in my arms every day, Jackson normally fell asleep best in the swing for naps, so I love that I can rock her to sleep so easily. |
 |
| We did a babysitting swap with our new friends, the Carters, and got a taste of life with 5 kids, they were all great but I'm good with 2 for now :) |
 |
| Jackson and I went to the splash pad for one of the last times this year. |
 |
| We went to our first high school football game of the season. Both kids were great. |
 |
| Happy Abbie after "facetiming" with Grandma on a Sunday night. |
 |
| The girl gets around! Between rolling over and scooting, this girl made it all the way off the blanket after starting facing her toys. |
 |
| Happy little beauty girl. |
She got her first cold last week and had a hard time sleeping with her
clogged up nose. This day she took her afternoon nap in my arms for 2
hours, not the most productive day of me, but I was glad she finally got
some sleep!
 |
| I don't think I have any pictures of me holding both kids - it doesn't really happen too often, so I tried taking this one while watching a movie one night. |
These kids are my life and I'm so grateful to Tyler who works hard and lets me spend my days with them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment