Testing Testing ... is this thing on? Well I feel like our blog has been turned off for a while. Labor Day seems like a year ago, yet it's our last post. OK maybe I'm being dramatic, but I had all these fun little blog post ideas in my head (including Abbie turning 5 months!) until last week happened. Dang last week was awful. We were all sick, and I had it the worst. I don't think I've been that sick for that long in years. Last Sunday, Tyler and I started feeling a little off and for the next couple days we had what we thought was food poisoning. I honestly could not eat anything and felt terrible stomach cramps and nauseous. Tuesday night I was starting to feel a little better with high hopes for tomorrow. Then I don't know how but Wednesday, I got worse. Pretty sure it turned into the flu. No more cramps, just pure exhaustion - still no appetite and nauseous though. It was really bad and lasted Wednesday and Thursday. I didn't leave the house until Friday morning. But Friday Jackson and Abbie both started getting the sniffles and Jackson ended up with a bad cold and Abbie had a double ear infection. I think one of the reasons it has taken me so long to recover is that I've been up in the nights with Abbie.
.JPG) |
| Bathtime Buddies |
But now we're in a new week, I finally can say I'm back to normal health (while my appetite is still not all the way there). Tyler and Jackson are pretty much better too and I think Abbie is getting there. She finally had a good night last night (only fed her once) and I think the medicine is helping her ears. It just is the worst feeling that a whole week went by and I accomplished nothing! There weren't tons of important activies going on luckily but I still had something every day that I cancelled or missed. The main thing was joy school was supposed to be at our house for the first time on Thursday, but that couldn't happen. Throw in a lunch playdate, ward playgroup, a YW Presidency meeting, temple babysitting swap, a baby shower dinner and dinner plans with the McKinnons and there is the week that should have been...
If nothing else this week made me appreciate good health. How lucky am I to have perfect health 99% of the time. My kids are super lucky too, this was actually the first time I'd taken Abbie to the doctor for a "sick visit" and the first time we'd taken Jackson in over a year. I was helping to throw another baby shower for my friend Semra on Saturday afternoon and it was my goal all week to make it to that shower! Luckily I made it, but I ended up needing a lot more help with the food since I wasn't up for making my original planned items (and I wasn't sure if people wanted to eat food coming out of my kitchen anyways).
Other than being sick, there was one item of really great importance that occurred last week, my sister Paige had her baby!! Little William John Lewis was born on September 17th weighing in at 6 pounds 7 ounces. Her due date had been September 18th but then they changed it to September 28th, so we were not expecting him quite this soon! But he is such a sweetheart and mom and baby and doing well and adjusting to their new lives together.
.JPG) |
| William with Mom |
This past weekend Tyler also had school, so I feel like those are always the more low key weekends anyways. We went to Disney's Art of Animation Resort on Friday evening and went to downtown Winter Garden with a Pizza Dinner at a park on Saturday night.
.JPG) |
| They opened 2 new wings, Lion King and Little Mermaid |
.JPG) |
| Abbie & Jackson waiting for the doctor |
.JPG) |
| We didn't get out of the house much ... but at least Jackson has his new favorite toy aka box to entertain himself |
No comments:
Post a Comment