Monday, November 25, 2013

Halloween Week

The end of October was a lot of fun since we had lots of Halloween activities and my mom came to visit!

We got to go on a field trip with Jackson's school to a farm! Jackson picked apples, helped make apple cider, went on a hay ride and saw lots of animals! It was the first really cold day (50s and windy) of the year and we were all shivering!


I had forgotten they say a prayer before all their snacks, now Jackson says it at home too
Abbie sitting with the big kids, the happiest she was all day.
Picking his apple!
The thing he kept asking for "when can we see the cows??" was our last stop of the day!

Later that day Grammy flew in to visit us from Arizona and both kids were so excited. Within 5 minutes of her being here, Abbie was requesting to go to Grammy instead of me.

Lots of book reading with these two!
The next day was the day of our ward's trunk or treat party. The primary was in charge of the event which meant I was there helping set up all morning! Finally when I got back we all went to a pumpkin patch and got amazing apple cider and apple fritters. Then we headed over to Farmington Shoppes to look around Jackson's favorite store - The Sports Store aka Dicks.

Hay ride at the PickN Patch
The party went really well! So all the work setting up was worth it. We switched things up a bit from how they've done this party in the past and honestly it ran perfectly! We had a soup/chili dinner, a kids costume parade, games & activities and then headed outside to trunk or treat. It's a small ward but the place was packed and everyone had a great time. I serve with great ladies who have great ideas and decorations and I help where I can :)

The Dalmatian wasn't so thrilled about the costume Grammy and I whipped up the night before

My mom and Tyler helped me with my room of games!

They were a little cold outside trunk-or-treating
But this girl got a lot more happy when she realized her pumpkin was full of candy!
This boy still doesn't love candy (luckily) and chose suckers first haha.


Jackson and I at his preschool Halloween party on Monday!

Jackson was a fire fighter this year, thanks to his rain boot and jacket we got this summer.
All we needed was a yellow fire hat and some yellow tape on his black sweatpants and we had a costume! This boy still loves fire fighters and wants to be one when he grows up, that or a police officer..

Monday night we went trick or treating in the afternoon at the Farmington Shoppes. It was not too cold and thought it'd be fun to go with Grammy. Jackson and Abbie got spoiled with lots of really good chocolate candy from most of the stores!

Such a happy boy, he loved seeing all the other costumes
Tuesday night was Grammy's last night and we carved our pumpkin!
Carving our pumpkin!
The kids loved Grammy's big boots!
I degutted, Jackson picked the design and Tyler carved. I think Abbie ate chocolate.
This girl discovered the chocolate bar this week and she was sure loving it!
This is what we spend most of our evenings doing at bedtime, these two kids love books!

my two shopping buddies!
We had such a great time with Grammy and are so glad she came. Now its just 3 more weeks until we go to her house for Christmas!!

No comments: