We've got exciting news in the Jennings House!! Jackson & Abbie are excited to get a new sibling in the family! We are a baby and I'm due on August 25th!
or these
I found out that I was pregnant right before we flew home for the holidays! So we were able to tell both of our families for Christmas :)
This was the first time I found out I was pregnant alone, both other times Tyler was with me when I took the test. This time I found out during nap/quiet time so I had a few hours before he came home from work to let it sink into my mind. I wasn't sure how to even tell him but at the last minute I put a leftover roll/bun in the oven and had Tyler look inside when he got home from work. Hoping he'd get the "there's a bun in the oven" line, luckily he did. Not the most creative in the world but I was just rolling with it.
I'm now 15 weeks along and feeling pretty good overall. I had a couple tough weeks around 6-7 weeks along which also happened to be when we were visiting family. Just after the new year I started feeling sick at random times and food wasn't always agreeing with me. At this point I was thinking the baby was a boy because I had a much harder pregnancy with Jackson and this one was getting off to a rough start. But luckily, since being back in CT for January & February I made it through my first trimester just fine.
I went to the doctor a few days after we got back in town and had an ultrasound done which confirmed everything and set the due date at August 25 as I thought. It's going to be weird delivering at a new hospital with a different group of doctors, I really grew attached to the ones in Florida. Winnie Palmer Hospital is amazing and I'm already dreading the experience this time around. I just hope I don't have to share a room haha. I also got on my best friend Zofran for anti-nausea medication but luckily I haven't needed it every day. So far I really like the new doctor's group I've gone with. I went back in February and had another ultrasound which provided the cute little profile you see below.
| 13 weeks 4 days along, looking cute already :) |
So there have been some tougher moments and cheese cravings similar to Jackson's pregnancies but overall it's been much more similar to Abbie's pregnancy with occasional morning sickness and exhaustion throughout the day but overall normal eating and life could continue :) So I'm kind of torn as to the gender of this baby!!
We are so excited though! I told the kids pretty early on just because I was feeling sick in UT & AZ and wanted to explain why momma couldn't get off the couch. I'm not sure if Jackson caught on immediately and Abbie was obviously clueless but now they both are 100% aware that there is a baby in momma's tummy! Jackson mentions the baby often and is looking forward to tickling and playing with the baby. He says he'll share his toys with him or her. Abbie loves to give my tummy kisses and play peek-a-boo. Jackson gets excited when we see babies out and about now and I know he is so much more into it than he would have been a year ago. Abbie loves her baby dolls and rocks them to sleep and changes their diapers so she's always had the baby thing going. But she also likes to act like a baby still in many ways, so hopefully she can get that all out of her system in the next 6 months... Jackson thinks its a boy and Abbie thinks its a girl. We'll find out on March 28th! Crazy to think we'll be a family of five and Tyler and I will be outnumbered!

No comments:
Post a Comment