Tuesday, March 4, 2014

One more week in Arizona

So I've done it again. I've gotten 2 months behind in blogging, dang-it. Well I was doing ok last month but apparently I didn't blog for an entire month which leads me to today... While now it is March (although there is still a foot of snow in my yard) I'm still getting caught up on our trip out west from Christmas time.

After a fun time in Utah, the kids and I headed back to Arizona to warm up for the week while Tyler traveled in the Pacific Northwest for work. He went to Seattle, Portland and San Francisco in a week. We took it very easy and hung out with Grammy, Grandad, & Steven in Mesa.

I was pretty scared for the flight by myself, not going to lie. I had been feeling sick all morning and Abbie had hardly much of a nap so this 4 pm flight scared me. It got even more alarming when Abbie screamed the whole drive to the airport...  BUT miraculously my kids didn't make a fuss or wimper the entire flight or even in the airport.

Luckily we had a empty seat next to us so Abbie was able to feel like a big girl.

Thanks to our Wendy's kids meal toy for entertaining Jackson for at least 30 minutes!

Couldn't have asked for better behaved kids!

I really have no pictures from the week. I got my hair done by the lovely Hillary, we went to parks, played outside, ate at chick-fil-a (twice), pei wei, and played with our Christmas presents we'd left. One big outing was a trip to the aquarium at Arizona Mills Mall. While Jackson was almost too excited while we were there and rushed through the whole thing, he really loved it and has talked about it every day in the weeks since. That was the one thing he was most excited to tell his preschool teacher about when he went back to school the next week. He also discovered the barracuda while there which is now one of his favorite animals. Abbie will most of the time say that her favorite animal is "fishies" so of course she loved it too :)

First time coloring my hair since April :/

Princess Abbie

Pants-less Jackson enjoying the warmth

Meanwhile Tyler had fun while traveling for work. He got to meet up with several friends in Oregon & Seattle. In Oregon he saw Tamara Battles & family and watched the NCAA title football game with the Wilsons. He also was able to go to the Nike Factory Store at their headquarters in Oregon and got amazing deals on shoes and workout clothes! He took a quick trip up to Seattle where he visited the U of Washington and was able to meet up with Reggie Woods. Then in the bay area he got to see Derek Anderson & Ty Morley. He's got a college buddy in every major city in the west and quite a few in the east I'd say haha. 

He had a quick layover in Phoenix which allowed him to come back to my parents house and help me pack all our presents in his bags! We almost fit all of them, my mom just had to ship one box with a couple big presents for the kids haha.

Missing me in San Fran :(

Showing his bag outside the store

No comments: