Thursday, April 17, 2014

Jackson the 4 Year Old!



Jackson turned 4 on Monday, March 24th and we had a great day! Daddy was able to stay home a little longer that morning and helped make Jackson his recent favorite breakfast of pancakes and bacon. He woke up to balloons, a birthday banner and he even got to open a few presents too. He got a new outfit, shoes and dinosaur camel-back water bottle along with a couple toys. He had been asking for Chug from the movie Planes and he opened a new v-tech dino, T-Don the Pteranodon which was a huge hit.

After just about every present he exclaimed, I love it!

No more sippy cups for this boy, just water bottles and big boy cups!

Gotta love chocolate chip pancakes!
And the lucky boy was able to go to preschool on his birthday and Daddy got to drop him off which was a special treat. He got to see all his friends, wear a crown and be the line leader of course. I dropped Abbie off at her friends house and was able to bring a treat to Jackson's preschool. He was also supposed to pick a favorite book that we could read to his class, so we brought his special book, Frogs that he got from Nana. He was so excited to have me read it to his friends and point out all his favorite frogs (bumblebee frog, red eyed tree frog, strawberry and blue dart frogs and the big African bull-frog) The treat he requested was donuts, and not the big ones the baby donut balls aka chocolate munchkin donut holes from Dunkin Donuts. We included his favorite food of strawberries too and put them on skewers so each kid got a skewer with donuts and strawberries. Of course I forgot to take pictures of any of this but his teacher was taking photos, I'll have to get copies later :)

After finishing his donut and strawberry treat.
In his new birthday outfit looking way too old.
Since Abbie was already at a friends' house, I was able to take Jackson to a special mom-son lunch date. I was hoping he'd choose something else, but I should have known he chose McDonalds! He got the chicken nugget kids meal with lemonade and couldn't help but bring in his new favorite dinosaur toy too.
Say "French Fry!!!"
My four year old and me!
And while I'm not a huge fan of their food, it was kind of perfect that he got to play at their play-place since it was actually a really cold day and he wouldn't have gotten to run around and play outside anyways. A special surprise was his friend Emery from preschool was also at lunch! They were able to play together for a bit before we left to go get Abbie.

Pretty sure there's a little crush going on here actually...
During Abbie's nap I let Jackson open another present - the movie Frozen! It came out on DVD just a few days before his birthday so it was the perfect present for my Frozen lover and a perfect special quiet time activity for us. I felt a little bad for Abbie when she woke up and the movie had just ended so we watched a few of her favorite scenes again together.

Cuddle buddies
After Daddy got home he gave Jackson his big present. We thought he kind of knew he was getting a bike since we'd had him test out different sizes at stores the week before, but he hadn't mentioned it on that day and I guess he had forgotten about it! There hasn't been much bike riding going on this winter so luckily it's just spring time weather so he can start trying it out!



He opened the rest of his presents that night after a yummy dinner of fruit, sweet potato fries and cheeseburgers grilled by daddy! His other presents were a zoo lego set, an IronMan Action Figure, State Puzzle, Airplanes and a race car. 
Abbie was so excited that she got a present too, a snow white!

When I asked Jackson what kind of cake he wanted, he changed his mind several times. But he always was clear what he wanted on top (blueberry, strawberry, blueberry, strawberry - like a pattern) So we went with the classic chocolate bunt cake with his fruity request. 

Seemed random but he loved it!


Abbie is a serious cake eater

We had such a great day with our four year old and are so lucky to have him in our family!

No comments: