We got home from Massachusetts three weeks before baby girl was due and geared up for the final stretch before she came! With Jackson and Abbie both coming early, we knew baby girl would probably come early too. With some of my last doctor appointements it seemed like things were progressing. At my 38 week appointment my doctor was concerned because I was measuring smaller than I had been the week before, and I hadn't gained weight in two weeks. SO just to be safe, she called for an ultrasound to make sure she was developing ok and to find out how big she looked. After the u/s they discovered that she was doing just fine, and all the fluid levels were just on. It was just because she had dropped so low that I was measuring smaller.
But still, because Jackson was over 9 pounds I'm flagged in medical systems for being at risk for big babies. This leads to the fact that I'm more likely to have my doctors schedule an induction before my due date. With Abbie I was scheduled to be induced in the morning of April 12, too bad for her she wanted to come on her own and I went into labor the night before :) Anyways, I was due August 25 and so after this appointment I was scheduled for an induction, August 22 - but my doctor and I both were thinking that I wouldn't make it that far.
I felt a lot more pain in these last weeks of pregnancy than I had with Jackson and Abbie's pregnancies. Every night when I'd lay down for bed I'd get crampy and achey. I remember thinking - so this is what people mean when they say, I'm ready for this baby to come! But we were enjoying the beautiful summer weather of Connecticut in the meantime :)
 |
| Two little water buddies |
 |
| The summer tradition, popsicles after nap/quiet time. |
 |
| First Time with piggie tails |
 |
| They love when Daddy comes home! |
 |
| My last grocery trip with just these two! |
 |
| Our final date, before baby - dinner and dessert in downtown Avon |
 |
| Bedtime books |
 |
| Rock-Cats Baseball Game, earned tickets through summer reading program! |
Friday night, August 15 we went to a fun get together with some of our friends from the ward down at the Mumfords house. They have a great firepit in the backyard where we roasted hot dogs and smores and the kids played all night. I wish I had pictures from that night- it was great fun :)
Saturday, August 16 we headed down to Lyman Orchards for our first time ever Peach Picking. We were there on the first weekend to kick off the peach picking season which means it was peach fest, but also means most of the fruit wasn't quite ready to pick yet. But we did get quite a few in our bucket but we had to search a little harder.
 |
| Me with my "three" kids |
 |
| Jackson rode the same horse as last year's apple fest, Tomahawk! |
We headed back to town that afternoon and I went and got a haircut. Then that night we headed to Fisher park for a ward picnic/ goodbye party for the Rondina Family. We stayed there for an hour or so before heading back home. Tyler and I put the kids to bed and then watched a redbox movie - Divergent. We planned on heading to church the next morning - Tyler had his 6:30 bishop meeting, since he was executive secretary, and was teaching gospel doctrine. I didn't have any assingments that Sunday but thought it would probably be my last one as Primary President before baby girl came... but then she had some other plans.
To be continued..
No comments:
Post a Comment