
I was able to visit Kristi, Phil, and Reese in the hospital, but Tyler was in California training for the new job... but right when he got back to Utah he was so excited to see his new neice!! You can probably tell from the above picture that Tyler was thrilled to be an uncle! He probably wouldn't mind having one of those for himself... but we'll see about that.
On January 7th I had the lovely opportunity of taking my first SOLO BUSINESS TRIP. And lucky me, I was able to go to Minneapolis in the DEAD of Winter. I'll admit that I was a little nervous traveling by myself, but I managed out ok. I was only there for one night and when i was done with work, I just headed over to the Mall of America. And I thought Chandler Fashion Place Mall in Arizona was huge, boy was I wrong! This mall is crazy big ... I was there for 3 hours and I didn't even see the whole mall!
Then on January 13th the festivities for Nick and Jamie's wedding began. On Tuesday night we had a wedding dinner at the Sky Room @ BYU's Wilkinson Center. Nick surprised us all (especially Jamie) by bringing out this African Dance Group. Nick served his mission in Zimbabwe and the two of them traveled there this summer for some service opportunities. Nick fell in love with Jamie as Jamie fell in love with Africa and the people he served there. Africa means so much to them and it was awesome to have that special part of their lives a part of the wedding festivities.

The next morning was the wedding, and for January in SLC, the weather was great! 40 degrees and sunny, you couldn't ask for much better! The sealing was great, and it's now official -- presenting Nick and Jamie Hansen!!




The lovely and talented Ashley Swapp was the photographer at the temple and did an amazing job! She has some of the pictures on her blog http://ashleyswapp.blogspot.com/ (the above picture is one of hers, I took it from your Blog, Ash - hope that's ok)
The reception was a party of course - you know the Jennings and their dance parties! I didn't take any pictures, but I hope to get some soon!
This week Tyler is in California for a National Sales Meeting for his new company WattStopper. He's having a great time getting to know all the other sales managers and learning the products and company better. I miss Tyler a lot, but ... they're flying me out on Thusday to meet everyone and join them for their end of the week Party! I'm excited to get away for a few days and REALLY excited to get out of the snow storm that's approaching Utah... Oh and I'm also excited that we get to spend time with the lovely Cook family in San Francisco!
We'll update with some San Fran pics when we're back!!
2 comments:
i am glad you took one of my pictures - and i am glad that you like it :) we need to see you guys many more times before you leave utah!
OMG- Rachel when I first looked at this post I thought that you were announcing that you were pregnant. Scared me/excited me to death! P.S. I love the whole African dancers thing.
Post a Comment