Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lately ...

Here is my Top 5 List of Events From November thus far...

5. GOLF OUTING - As a part of our Disney Annual Pass, we had free access to one of their top quality golf courses last week - Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.I tagged along with Tyler and did a little putting and drove the cart. I didn't take any pictures because there were 2 other guys in our foursome and I didn't want to look like a newbie. It was a really tough course, they've had PGA tournaments there, but Tyler had some amazing shots.

4. MIAMI TRIP - I went down to Miami with Tyler earlier this week and he booked 2 nights at the "The Blue at Doral" Hotel. When he was looking where to stay he just wanted something close to his appointments, that had a pool, and somewhere under his company budget limit. Luckily this place was running a special because it was amazing!

We didn't even know it would be so nice until we walked in the room. We both just couldn't stop laughing because this room was so much nicer than our typical Holiday Inn Express or Marriott Courtyard! Other than this half of the room, it had a full kitchen and a very nice bathroom with another flat screen, jacuzzi tub and one of those overhead shower heads. Needless to say we got way lucky and I had lots of fun without even going to the beach.


3. SUNS / MAGIC Game - The Suns have gotten off to a great start this season, no one would have guessed that they'd start out 8-1! Well the Suns only come to Orlando once each season, and that just happened to be there one loss of the season so far :-( ... Tyler bought tickets just a couple hours before the game started via Craigslist, so we got a pretty good deal and good seats. It would have been an even better game if the Suns had won. Even though Tyler has been a Suns fan much longer than he's been a Magic fan, he wore his Magic Jersey and cheered for the home team ... what a crowd pleaser.


Highlight of the game - At the end of the game we sat in our friends' seats down on the 3rd row behind the Suns bench when they left early in the fourth quarter. While we were walking down by the Suns bench we were close enough to talk to the guys. Amare Stoudemire saw my orange apparel and I pointed at my hat and said, "Suns #1 I'm cheering for you guys!" Then he smiled, and gave me a thumbs up. Even Tyler admitted it was pretty awesome, I'm glad I was able to cheer him up even though they were losing...


2. SHOPPING - I haven't gone on a shopping spree or anything ... but it's been SO nice to now know that we have a little boy joining our family in March. Now when I go to a store I can go to the BOYS side for clothes and accessories. BLUE is the color of the year! I have bought a few items, but it's just been more fun to look at cute little outfits and knowing that our little guy can wear them next year!


1. THE APPOINTMENT - November 6th we found out it's a BOY and that he's healthy. The doctor said everything on the ultrasound was absolutely perfect, and they were even able to get better images than usual of his heart and it looks great! It's so awesome to be able to say "our son" and HE, HIM, or HIS instead of IT!


Yesterday I hit the halfway mark - 20 weeks along! I'm finally starting to show even more, so hopefully I look a little more pregnant than I thought I did in those 4 month pictures!

No comments: