I really didn't expect to experience this much cold in Orlando. But it's definitely been an interesting change, and it should be back up to the 70s next week.In other news, for us, January was always the time when we'd start really preparing for baby Jennings to enter our lives. We found out we were expecting in July, and that seems like soooo long ago! The first four months went by so slowly that our due date of March 31st seemed like an eternity away. November and December flew by, and all of a sudden, we're 11 weeks away!! I'm kinda starting to get a little overwhelmed about everything I need to do before he arrives.
In terms of baby preparedness, I have a good assortment of onesies and clothes, a few blankets, a diaper bag and a bumbo chair ... that's about it. BUT I have to say, whenever I look at "the spread" it gets me so excited!
I've been looking into nursery furniture, strollers, carseats, pack and plays, swings, toys, nursing supplies, etc etc. online and at baby stores around town. I'm having a couple baby showers in the coming weeks, so I think I'm going to see what I get at those showers and then head out and get the rest of our gear! Hopefully our little guy doesn't come too early!
I've been looking into nursery furniture, strollers, carseats, pack and plays, swings, toys, nursing supplies, etc etc. online and at baby stores around town. I'm having a couple baby showers in the coming weeks, so I think I'm going to see what I get at those showers and then head out and get the rest of our gear! Hopefully our little guy doesn't come too early!I've picked out my favorites of everything ... except for the nursery crib set - I've been pretty stressed out about it actually. I want to get a white crib and matching dresser/changing table - but finding a good quality one, that actually comes in white, that I like has been harder than I thought it would be. The colors we decided for the nursery is Black, White with Blue accessories (that can be switched to pink WHEN [not if] we have a girl). My mom found this cute website with great nursery ideas -- http://www.designdazzle.com/ -- we're planning on using ideas from shabby chic
and black and yellow polka dot.
But then we'll do it all with blue accents instead... I really need to just pick out a crib this week - but easier said than done... In other other news, I'm getting bigger and bigger every day! It's crazy how much my tummy has grown in the past month! I went to the doctor yesterday and the first thing she said was, "so you're finally gaining weight and looking pregnant!" Our little guy's heartbeat still is great and everything is measuring just right on. That's all I want to hear!
In other other OTHER news - Tyler is doing amazing at work. He just presented to the University of Alabama this week and they chose to use his company's product for all of campus buildings and their future construction needs. It was a huge contract, and his coworkers are so impressed that he locked up the deal so quickly. He's been working for Wattstopper for one year now and luckily he loves his job even more now than he did when he was hired. Even though we're miles away from family -- the job has been such a blessing and Tyler has been amazing at it!
Oh, and if you want to see the most over the top, incredible nursery ever ...

3 comments:
How exciting! This is such a fun time getting everything ready for the babe :) If you haven't already you should check out this website...spearmintbaby.com and then go to nurseries. They have some really cute ideas!
Oh my goodness! I didn't even realize you were preggers! Congrats! When are you due?
Oh no! I hope the freeze doesn't make my already expensive orange juice go up in price! Anyway, enjoy the last little bit of freedom! Have fun shopping - sounds like you know what you want and I hope that you get it! Can't wait to see the pictures of the nursery when it's done - I'm sure it will be fabulous. :)
Post a Comment