He was going to be out of town for 8 days, so instead of being home alone - I spent the week in Arizona with my family. My sister, Paige just arrived in New York fresh off her honeymoon, Michael is back up at BYU, so my 10 year-old brother Steven and I were the only kids in the house. This was the first time it was just us two kids with my parents!We spent the first part of MLK weekend down in Tucson for Steven's first ever soccer tournament. It's crazy to see him playing in the same tournament I played in 10 years ago.

Steven is a really good little soccer player - following in the footsteps of his older siblings. He's definitely one of the best on the team it's fun to see him all grown up!

After the soccer tournament we spent the rest of the week in Mesa. Steven and I saw Avatar, went to the Suns game, watched movies, and even did a book report on Steve Irwin.



Since we were in the black, white, and blue theme from making the little guy's bedding - we used those for the colors of the shower. The "shower" also happened to be on the same night as the biggest "shower" Mesa had seen in years! It rained 2 inches that day in the Phoenix area (it only rained 4 inches all of last year) and it was crrazy windy with tornado watches (unheard of for AZ). So yeah, we picked an interesting day to have a "shower." I was grateful that all the ladies in our neighborhood ventured out in the storm!

After the soccer tournament we spent the rest of the week in Mesa. Steven and I saw Avatar, went to the Suns game, watched movies, and even did a book report on Steve Irwin.

My mom and I went fabric shopping for baby bedding, worked on the baby bedding, went baby shopping, and had a baby shower (notice a theme?)



Since we were in the black, white, and blue theme from making the little guy's bedding - we used those for the colors of the shower. The "shower" also happened to be on the same night as the biggest "shower" Mesa had seen in years! It rained 2 inches that day in the Phoenix area (it only rained 4 inches all of last year) and it was crrazy windy with tornado watches (unheard of for AZ). So yeah, we picked an interesting day to have a "shower." I was grateful that all the ladies in our neighborhood ventured out in the storm!


4 comments:
You know what they say... hiccups means hair. Didn't believe it myself and then I had Maddie. She constantly had the hiccups... and then I got my dream baby with a full head of hair. The hiccups almost drove me insane. haha. Anyways, just wanted to say what a cute pregnant mommy you are. I am glad you had a great shower.
You look adorable! Naomi always had the hiccups in my belly and now she still gets them all the time! Love babies! So excited for you!
glad you are starting to collect some baby stuff! looks like you had a fun trip. only 59 more days! can't believe it. we'll have to get together in the next little bit once i get my life back in order! :)
Rach, you're the cuteest pregnant girl I've ever seen! You look great! That stinkin' storm caused me to miss your shower, but it looks like your boy got some cute stuff!
Post a Comment