Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Boston

As if we hadn't had enough fun in the Northeast after our Thanksgiving weekend in NYC, we drove up to Boston and spent some time with the Cook Family!

We arrived at their spotless home on Saturday night and it felt great to relax after our busy days in NYC. On Sunday we went to church and then drove up to New Hampshire where Dan's parents live and where Tyler lived for the summer of 2004. He was so excited to show me this beautiful part of the country that I had never visited. Of course I didn't think to take pictures, but we had a great evening and a lovely meal thanks to the famous Janice Cook :-)

The next day I finally got my tour of Boston! Tyler and Dan worked in the city that summer and it was fun to see the place where he has such fond memories. Jamie was a great tour guide and the pictures below show what we did that day.








(Jackson at Harvard - the first college campus he's visited) ok actually n/m he's been to BYU


It was such a fun week, but between our busy tourist days and Jackson not sleeping well at nights, ... by the end I was a bit tired to say the least! When we got home Jackson was still not feeling well and he ended up getting croup. Between that and getting his 2nd tooth, it's been a rough week back in Florida. But now he's better and for the past 2 days has been so happy again!

It's so amazing the difference a happy/fussy baby can make. Since Jackson's normally happy, Ty and I aren't so good at dealing with the fussiness.

In fact, here's a story ...

Friday night we decided to go out to dinner. We had a gift card that expires at the end of the year and only a limited amount of days to use it. So even though Jackson was sickish we thought we'd try it out. Big mistake. He was basically fussy/crying the whole time unless we were standing up holding him (and still even then sometimes) . So, after taking a few bites, flustered Tyler and I decided to just get our food to-go and get out of there. But in the rush to get out, we forgot to get our credit card back. The waiter literally had to chase us down in the parking lot to return it.

Then (oh it gets worse) after the 25 minute drive home and Jackson had just barely fallen asleep, we were pulling up to our house when I realized I had left my car at our church. I had met Tyler there before dinner and then we drove together to the restaurant, so my car was just sitting there in the parking lot. We then had to drive all the way back to the church (15 minutes both ways) to get the car. And lastly ... as we were driving to the church I realized I had left my scarf and hat at the restaurant. (It was a cold 50 degree day in Orlando so I had bundled up) Luckily they had found them, so after picking up the car, Jackson and I headed home and Tyler headed back to retrieve my lost items.

So yeah, we don't handle fussy babies well. Please pray all our babies are as easy as Jackson :-)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Ha ha. I especially like the part about the spotless house. That's pretty funny. We miss you guys and look forward to our Florida vacation one of these days.